Skype with video 4/11/2011

gpigate

Reaction score
i must be being dumb here, how the heck do you start a video conversation or is this something that is only available after you have connected with someone.

JVince

Reaction score
I ran this on 4G, connected to an iPhone4 (he was on wifi) a Mac Notebook (DSL) and a desktop PC (Cable). The picture quality was excellent on my end for all conntections. The Mac had some sound issues (feedback) and I had to talk a bit louder than I would like. I'm thinking the bad video capture mic fix will hopefully address this. Aside from that, this app blows away the Tango I have been using.

gpigate

Reaction score
just created an account for my wife on her laptop, TB to win7 machine worked fine. cant speak to audio volume as I didnt mess with her speakers/settings etc. picture seemed fine on both.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Oh man switrched back to 3 G 2 bars was able to call wife, was at home, looks at her computer, was clear and good for 3 G 2 bars.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Just called my friend's iphone.. worked.

Unfortunately he couldnt get a reliable 3G Signal lol ATT (I had 3 bars of 4G), and the connection was crap. I did see him and he did see me though

DroidStang

Reaction score
You know I did skype from around house what I decided to do was just use wifi when at my house, no need to be mucho ... and think Hey I'm running 3 G or 4G, wifi much faster for me and data unlimited too as well so if ya got use it I figure. I'm guessing you still can make calls on phone right?

DroidStang

Reaction score
A little tip on the program, once in a call, crank volume up again, it has it's own volume too, all my sounds are at 100%, then when I was in a call, I hit volume by mistake said 40%, so went up 100% was fine....And.....usage under the battery app, been running skype since this started 2 hours ago.. it's using .2% usage...not bad

Last edited:

bluefire7002

Reaction score
I dont know what the hell is wrong with mine.. I uninstalled it.. downloaded the skype.apk file again installed it again on my phone. When I try calling a computer it will dial but when they answer it hangs up a second after they answer??

ughhh no idea what it could be I have three 4G bars so that cant be the issue