Skype for HTC Thunderbolt Available for Download

TJF2011

Reaction score
I just tested it on WIFI... worked flawless... thanx for the update.. i wanted this so long ago!!! I HAPPY

jeffly777

Reaction score
Skype for Android vulnerable to attack that compromises personal info....This looks bad....

From Engadget:
Skype for Android vulnerable to hack that compromises personal info -- Engadget

I then think I will wait for the Skype market app update just to be safe.
Could someone explain what the parse error is/was?
Thx!

A parse error is an error in the file itself; usually means that there was an error in downloading the file. Delete and download again and it will usually solve the problem.

Thunderstruck

RotorJoe

Reaction score
A parse error is an error in the file itself; usually means that there was an error in downloading the file. Delete and download again and it will usually solve the problem.

Thunderstruck

Thanks, now I just need to figure out how to delete double posts. Weird, post edit button is missing. Oh well. Thanks again. I have downloaded it ten plus times all at different times, with wifi on home network and works, with window open (didn't navigate away from download page), watched it complete in the notifications window. All times either the parse error or just a straight up failed download.

I guess I can try another time or two. Thanks again. I'm learning quick.

jeffly777

Reaction score

Thunderstruck

Thanks, now I just need to figure out how to delete double posts. Weird, post edit button is missing. Oh well. Thanks again. I have downloaded it ten plus times all at different times, with wifi on home network and works, with window open (didn't navigate away from download page), watched it complete in the notifications window. All times either the parse error or just a straight up failed download.

I guess I can try another time or two. Thanks again. I'm learning quick.

I had some trouble with that .apk, too. IIRC, I wound up downloading it on my pc and transferring it over, then it worked.

Thunderstruck

RotorJoe

Reaction score
Oh, didn't think of that or realize that was an option. I will give that a shot. Thanks again. Now I have to find where the ten plus skype downloads went and delete them from the phone. Haven't figured out that yet either.lol

jseah

Reaction score
Oh, didn't think of that or realize that was an option. I will give that a shot. Thanks again. Now I have to find where the ten plus skype downloads went and delete them from the phone. Haven't figured out that yet either.lol

Easy enough. On your SD card, there is a folder called "Download". All the files you download to your phone (except for app installers downloaded through the Android Market or Amazon App Store) will be in this folder. If you connect your phone to your computer and set up a disk drive connection, you can delete it using your computer, or install an app like Astro to use to access the files and delete them.

RotorJoe

Reaction score
Easy enough. On your SD card, there is a folder called "Download". All the files you download to your phone (except for app installers downloaded through the Android Market or Amazon App Store) will be in this folder. If you connect your phone to your computer and set up a disk drive connection, you can delete it using your computer, or install an app like Astro to use to access the files and delete them.

Thanks, ran across that late last night and was able to delete the multiple skpye.apk files that I downloaded.

I then went and downloaded Skype to my laptop and then connected my TB. I placed the .apk file from my pc desktop to the download folder on my TB. I couldn't find the file on the phone to install it doing it this way.

Where would you put the file on the phones SD card to open it on your phone and install it?

P.S. I found on the market a few apps the will specifically install .apk files from the phones SD so I am going to play around with those and see if I can figure it out that way. Is an app like this needed to install .apk files?

Thx!

jeffly777

Reaction score
I usually put the apk files in the root of the sd card to find them easiest. You should be able to find a file there with any file explorer.

There's really no need for a special app to install from the sd card if you have a file explorer. And frankly, a file explorer is something that should just be included in android. Download astro and finally feel like you own your phone.

Thunderstruck

RotorJoe

Reaction score
Cool Thank You. I will check out explorer right now. I was able to get it going with a free app installer that I grabbed from the market. Then just punched in my info and I was connected. Ran the test, since its late, sound but no video. Which is what others are getting also. So tomorrow I'll try the video. Although that will work, not to worried any more.

Thanks Again!

boxs21

Reaction score
is it good, I download before for galaxy tab, but not satisfied with the result
grey.png

mypenneys

Reaction score
Easy Root 3 Step for HTC Thunderbolt and also SKYPE

Why is it I spent 1/2 hour looking and cant find a link to download any of these files. Nothing works as usual.

frankiez

Reaction score
The "official" skype version with the security update is now available on the market but I believe it on works n the Thunderbolt.

ionide

Reaction score
The "official" skype version with the security update is now available on the market but I believe it on works n the Thunderbolt.

No video with it, yet, so who cares if it works on the Thunderbolt