Skype with video 4/11/2011

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
It downloaded fine, but when I try to create an account it asks for my country code in front of my phone number. Does anyone know what it is for the US?

Figured it out...had to add a + in front of the 1

Last edited:

bhall238

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this one. Finallly a use for the front facing camera.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
so far so good. only one crash when I tried to update the photo. bummed that I'm in 3G til Wed. Will have to try ****ty hotel WiFi or just be patient.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife and daughter have the VZW iPhone - anyone know if Skype is on it? If not, not sure who I'd ever Skype with.

screamin

Reaction score
for the people that can't get this to work... are you using a thunderbolt? if not does your phone have a FFC? I didnt think too many verizon phones (or any phones besides thunderbolt, evo and iphone4) had this. App works fine for me. T-bolt all the way :)

alboboy10

Reaction score
Tried four times before it downloaded. It works though.

twistdhood

Reaction score
Installed first time without issue. My video automatically turned sideways...anyone use it upright successfully?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

twistdhood

Reaction score
Ok...so after a decent call I've found the following:

1) if I stand my camera upright, the other users image is upside down. So one bolt can use the kickstand and the other would need held inverted with the camera on the bottom and buttons on top.
2) landscape mode seems to be ok both ways.
3) there does seem to be some Mic issues as others have described. It is pretty annoying.

All three phones in my tests are stock, non rooted Tbolts.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

airboy

Reaction score
Out of Space Message when I try to Install

So I installed it then uninstalled it cause I wanted to uninstall the market version first but now when I try to instal the skype with video, it gives me a out of space message when I have 1.9G of space? What is going on, any help please.
Using a stock HTC Thunderbolt

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Wowie 15MB with no save to SD. Definitely glad we Thunderbolt users have 2.25GB of our advertised 8 GB to spare! Now, the question is, will this Skype app have the crappiness of the old skype apps? Disconnecting every 5-10 mins but not telling you, telling you that you're on a call when you're not, etc... There's a reason why the last 6 months have averaged 1 star (not sure how the bleep it keeps 3.5 stars in its current state).

That said I'm a huge Skype fan. I have family in another country and I use it with Google Voice all the time for personal use and work use on my PC/Laptop.

jawonder

Reaction score
Wowie 15MB with no save to SD. Definitely glad we Thunderbolt users have 2.25GB of our advertised 8 GB to spare! Now, the question is, will this Skype app have the crappiness of the old skype apps? Disconnecting every 5-10 mins but not telling you, telling you that you're on a call when you're not, etc... There's a reason why the last 6 months have averaged 1 star (not sure how the bleep it keeps 3.5 stars in its current state).

That said I'm a huge Skype fan. I have family in another country and I use it with Google Voice all the time for personal use and work use on my PC/Laptop.

You can use Titanium to move it to see.

choffon

Reaction score
"There is a problem parsing the package"....the message I get after download....wth???EDIT:::: Ok third time's a charm....working now...:)

Did u do anything special to fix cause I've tried 5 times and no luck

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
stay on the page...doesnt start downloading first time. Don't close the browser when I closed it it messed up.

keep trying until it actually starts, just stay on the browser page the whole time. Don't close it.