Skype with video 4/11/2011

perfoliate

Reaction score
I dont know what the hell is wrong with mine.. I uninstalled it.. downloaded the skype.apk file again installed it again on my phone. When I try calling a computer it will dial but when they answer it hangs up a second after they answer??

ughhh no idea what it could be I have three 4G bars so that cant be the issue

I was having the same issue running das bamf remix and drods 1.5 kernel. I flashed jcase's plain Jane stock rom and it works fine now. I'm thinking some roms or kernels maybe incompatible

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bluefire7002

Reaction score
I dont know what the hell is wrong with mine.. I uninstalled it.. downloaded the skype.apk file again installed it again on my phone. When I try calling a computer it will dial but when they answer it hangs up a second after they answer??

ughhh no idea what it could be I have three 4G bars so that cant be the issue

I was having the same issue running das bamf remix and drods 1.5 kernel. I flashed jcase's plain Jane stock rom and it works fine now. I'm thinking some roms or kernels maybe incompatible

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

hmmm thats a good point... Im running stock ROM drods 1.8 kernel anyone else?

jawa6969

Reaction score
Not sure what this is but I was signed into skype for most of the day, to see what the battery drain would be (none that I could see). I went outside in the dark and noticed that a red (dim) led was lit up. Kinda pulsating or whatever. Anyone else feel like checking this out? When I signed out of skype and closed the app, it turned off. Is it possibly a sensor?

teddyblair

Reaction score
I'm currently running das bamf 1.3.2 and couldn't get video calling to work. When I would call, it would connect and get audio but never video on either device (i was calling myself on my MacBook). Sometimes it would say it was video calling but just show a black screen. Most if the time tho, it would say starting video call and then just go back to the normal audio-only call screen.

So we're thinking this is just because I'm not stock? Hope this is something that can be fixed in future updates..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dajogejr

Reaction score
doesnt work computer to phone...

You might have downloaded the wrong one....the voice only.

I tried it with my phone and two different computers yesterday (one at work and one at home) flawless on both.

TcRoc

Reaction score
Wifi to WiFi seems good ,, 3g to WiFi wasn't great,, alot of lag time between voice and video ,, video would freeze ,, call would disconnect... hopefully it will only get better with updates

greyghost04

Reaction score
While I pretty sure I'm set up correctly, I don't seem to be getting the video to work. Is there a toggle switch somewhere that I'm missing? Does it just work or is some additional setup necessary? Does the video only come on when calling another video phone?

OP
wctaylor79

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I pretty sure I'm set up correctly, I don't seem to be getting the video to work. Is there a toggle switch somewhere that I'm missing? Does it just work or is some additional setup necessary? Does the video only come on when calling another video phone?

Did you install the link from Droid Life or from market? he video calling verison is not in the market. Make sure that you don't have a previous verison from the market. Once in the app itself I know that people that I skype with have a little picture of a video camera next to there name. I click the name and select video and make my call..

greyghost04

Reaction score
Yea I d/l from the site given on this post. I deleted 2 Skype programs that were on previous to this d/l and then started all over again and d/l this Skype. Now in set up it does have a drop down for 'video quality' and it is a 15mb file, so I know I have the right Skype. After sign-on it just shows the same screens as it did with the old Skype. I'm assuming you should see a screen with a video of yourself even before you dial?

BTW, when calling an iPhone, I guess the iPhone will have to be on Skype, not whatever video calling app that comes with iPhone? I hope to get this all figured out today. Thanks for the tips.