Sirius on Droid- why pay when i have a online account

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't have to pay to listen online. The $2.99 is if you want to upgrade the stream to near CD quality sound (128K). I am a lifetime subscriber to Sirius, have been for 5 years and can listen online, in fact, I am listening online right now.

I don't pay for the option to listen online. Whenever I launch the player, I get an option to upgrade to Sirius Internet Radio for $2.99 per month.

I haven't tried the Sirius app on my Droid, but I imagine it would not work since I have not upgraded the Sirius Internet. You can still listen on a computer to a less than 128K stream.

Edit: forgot to mention that the $2.99 would also allow you to listen on your Droid. As long as you are already a subscriber you can stream the less than 128K stream for free on a computer.

You might be a lifetime subscriber and maybe you are getting Sirius for free on the internet, but nobody else can. I've been subscribing for 5 years also and I can't get it on line anymore because I turned down the 2.99 per month payment for the on line service. I am not a lifetime subscriber. That may be why you get it for free.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
That is great for you, since you wanted a radio in your car. Why don't they allow you to just buy the $2.99 listen-online as a stand alone item? Seems like it would be a fairly big market.

I would agree with you, but it's all about the dollar. The $2.99 price is only if you already have a subscription, otherwise it's $12.95. I was pumped thinking I could get the internet radio for $3/mo, but then I called and was told the full price (which I didn't see until later on their website).

I didn't initially want the radio in my car. I cancelled Sirius 2 years ago after they dumped a bunch of the shows I listened to and re-arranged others with the merger; but the past few weeks changed my mind and I ordered a Sportster 5 (which is $50 if you're already a subscriber, $170 if you're not as long as you sign up for at least 3 months).

scalo

Reaction score
When l got my lifetime subscription I had to ask for online access because it was not included and that is not the premium, if I want the premium I have to pay the $2.99 a month

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
That is great for you, since you wanted a radio in your car. Why don't they allow you to just buy the $2.99 listen-online as a stand alone item? Seems like it would be a fairly big market.

Why should they? It's all about the $$$....

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Why should they? It's all about the $$$...

I agree with that completely. Seems if they offered an online only version they would get even more subscribers, and if they liked the service they may upgrade to a radio in the future.

scalo

Reaction score
There is an online version only but our w will cost you around $13 a month. That will give you internet and app

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

d1617

Reaction score
That is what I am paying now for the real thing.

Anyone ever get an adroid app like "wunder radio" that used to allow you to stream low quality audio if you have a free online streaming with your lifetime account? Been searching for a while.

TIA