FM Online Streaming

RonCF

Reaction score
I just got my HTC Incredible. Lot's to learn. Previous phone was a BlackBerry. Entirely different experience. I am having trouble with FM Online Streaming. I loaded Pandora and that works fine. But there is this NJ FM Radio station that I listen to on my laptop and desktop but it won't work on the HTC Incredible. The station is 101.5 FM in New Jersey. When I hit the listen button a window opens and a commercial plays. At the end of the commercial (always the same commercial) there is silence. The window says download in progress. But it never completes the download and doesnt play. Don't know if there is a setting change I must make or perhaps the phone just doesn't have this function. Any help would be appreciated.

elwray

Reaction score
I've been trying to get this to work as well to no avail...

On my Incredible (all stock, 2.2, v92 flash) I can't even get the ad to play.

They have a BB and iApp currently, but no mention of an Android app so far :(

I love this radio station and really want to listen from my phone!

I think it's due to the stream coming from a Windows Media Player ...

I would love any input anyone can provide!

Last edited:

elwray

Reaction score
Update - almost working ...

Using the "stock" Internet app, going to nj1015.com then tapping "Listen Now" on the top right opens a new window.

I have my settings/plugins set to "on demand" so I click the down arrow to enable the flash.

It loads the advertisement then stops. I click/tap the "play" button and it starts to load then disconnects.

Click the "play" button again, and it says "downloading configuration file..." and then begins to play the stream.

But it sounds ultra-slow motion (extremely creepy, actually) ... this is the closest I've gotten to playing the stream, but still no good ...

elwray

Reaction score
AH HA!!

Doing the same series of events from above WORKS when using the Dolphin HD Browser!!!!!

An android app would still be ideal since this basically monopolizes the browser, and shuts off when you minimize the browser... but for the time being, this WORKS! dancedroid :icon_ banana:

bishop

Reaction score
if you look in the market you find 3 online radio players. I have used 2 of them in the past with mixed results but i really think it is more of a problem that i was using them over 3G and moving around a lot so the tower hand-offs caused issues. for both of them i was able to add just about any radio stream i tried. the two i used are XiiaLive and A Online Radio

elwray

Reaction score
if you look in the market you find 3 online radio players. I have used 2 of them in the past with mixed results but i really think it is more of a problem that i was using them over 3G and moving around a lot so the tower hand-offs caused issues. for both of them i was able to add just about any radio stream i tried. the two i used are XiiaLive and A Online Radio

I'll have to take a look at those, but all of the apps I've tried didn't have 101.5 in them. I believe the only source for that station (other than FM receiver, of course) is from their website. The apps they've put out receive directly from their server I think.

OP
R

RonCF

Reaction score
I downloaded Dolphin HD Browser. And it does work. Thanks

turdbogls

Reaction score

I'll have to take a look at those, but all of the apps I've tried didn't have 101.5 in them. I believe the only source for that station (other than FM receiver, of course) is from their website. The apps they've put out receive directly from their server I think.

pretty sure the ones he is talking about, you can copy the URL of the stream and paste it into the app, and the app will pick up the stream and play it. I tried A Online Radio and it didn't work for the station i wanted. but i have not tried the other one.

i may have to try the suggestion you guys gave with my dolphinHD browser. i am trying to listen to the freebeer and hotwings morning show out of Grand Rapids MI. i know they are all over the east coast as well, so maybe someone can help me out now.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
iheart and FlyCast are great streeming apps. Check for your station

turdbogls

Reaction score
Yeah I triedpretty much every streamer...tried adding the stream to a few apps and still nothing. I have a feeling I am just going to have to wait for radiolicious to come out as that seems to be the onlu one that supports the station.