Sirius on Droid- why pay when i have a online account

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by da9b20, Jun 15, 2010.

1. da9b20

da9b20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i have a sirius account and listen online for free. but the app makes me pay to be a premium user to listen. i find this BS. is there any way to just listen that you guys have figured out? Skyfire doesnt play for me. and i have 2.1 loaded. does the new OS work with it?
  2. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried it with froyo and xscope, the page loads but wont play any music :( Im ditching sirius anyway for slacker in the next month or so whenever my 6 month period is done.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    If you've got Sirius on line right now, then you are paying for it whether you realize it or not. Check your bill.

I have XM and same rules apply. They stopped broadcasting XM for free quite a while back, you had to pay a few dollars more to get it through the internet.

I would suggest that if you get the app you won't pay anymore then you're currently paying.
  4. stratt28

stratt28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here as hookbill and agree with his statement. I think internet costs either $2.00 or $3.00 per month but NO other charge for the Droid app useage.

stratt28 in NH
  5. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OP is paying $3 per month. Just doesn't realize it. Or somehow has slipped through the cracks since they started charging last year.
  6. da9b20

da9b20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just pay for 1 unit therefore i get the i can listen to sirius on the internet under the standard setting. lower quality (kbs). i have to pay more for premium (higher kbs) but standard is free if you have an activated unit.

the app is free, but you cant log in without premium.

atleast skyfire i can watch the world cup without paying for vcast.

i just want sirius without paying extra. looks like i might have to try slacker.
  7. dylanthecat

dylanthecat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree with Hook and the others. I have had Sirius for 4+ years and could listen online for free for 2 years or so. Then they changed the policy and you have to pay for online as well as for your subscription. Don't quite know how it works for you.
  8. da9b20

da9b20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have the lifetime membership. they dont offer it anymore.
  9. dylanthecat

dylanthecat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I kinda remember that as an option when I first signed up. At least they let you keep the online option when they changed it.
  10. scalo

scalo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you want the lifetime you have to ask for it and you can add the online for a small onetime fee. If you want the premium it is still going to cost you $2.99 a month. I just recently signed up for the lifetime w/ online streaming.
  11. FDFTW!!

FDFTW!! Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A better question is, why can't I sign up for an account and pay ONLY $2.99/mo to listen to it on my Droid? They make you pay for a basic subscription, which is stupid.
  12. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't have to pay to listen online. The $2.99 is if you want to upgrade the stream to near CD quality sound (128K). I am a lifetime subscriber to Sirius, have been for 5 years and can listen online, in fact, I am listening online right now.

I don't pay for the option to listen online. Whenever I launch the player, I get an option to upgrade to Sirius Internet Radio for $2.99 per month.

I haven't tried the Sirius app on my Droid, but I imagine it would not work since I have not upgraded the Sirius Internet. You can still listen on a computer to a less than 128K stream.

Edit: forgot to mention that the $2.99 would also allow you to listen on your Droid. As long as you are already a subscriber you can stream the less than 128K stream for free on a computer.
  13. dylanthecat

dylanthecat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is the best question I have heard in a long time, FTFTW. What is the downside for them to offer this? I can't see anybody paying for a subscription and then an additional 2.99 to only listen with the Droid.
  14. liquidzoo

liquidzoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The additional $2.99 allows you to listen from anywhere with internet access (though only one place at a time). Droid, Computer, iPhone, Blackberry, iPod Touch, you name it.

I'll pay it. In fact, the app actually got me back into Sirius radio and I just purchased a new radio to install in my car.
  15. dylanthecat

dylanthecat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is great for you, since you wanted a radio in your car. Why don't they allow you to just buy the $2.99 listen-online as a stand alone item? Seems like it would be a fairly big market.
Search tags for this page
free sirius internet radio hack
free sirius radio android hack
how to listen to sirius lifetimr sccount on android
how to listen to sirius on android phone

listen to sirius on android

listen to sirius on android free

sirius android app hack

sirius for android cost

sirius on android cost

xm radio android hack