[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

autostadt

Reaction score
I've got a strange problem. I have been using 1.2 and decided to update to 1.3 BUT accidentally left the phone plugged in while flashing - I know that's a big mistake. Now, whenever I try to flash this ROM the phone keeps restarting during the installation. I tried a different ROM with the same issue. I can still install 1.2 without problems. I am using safestrap 3 and before was using 2.1. Any ideas? I already uninstalled safestrap and even did a full restore. The odd thing is 1.2 flashes fine every time. I've also downloaded the zip directly to the phone and computer multiple times thinking it was a bad download. I really want to try 1.3 as 1.2 has been my daily driver the past couple months and I've been very happy with it.

Last edited:

listenman20

Reaction score
I've got a strange problem. I have been using 1.2 and decided to update to 1.3 BUT accidentally left the phone plugged in while flashing - I know that's a big mistake. Now, whenever I try to flash this ROM the phone keeps restarting during the installation. I tried a different ROM with the same issue. I can still install 1.2 without problems. I am using safestrap 3 and before was using 2.1. Any ideas? I already uninstalled safestrap and even did a full restore. The odd thing is 1.2 flashes fine every time. I've also downloaded the zip directly to the phone and computer multiple times thinking it was a bad download. I really want to try 1.3 as 1.2 has been my daily driver the past couple months and I've been very happy with it.

you have the file on external sd? and you've tried a fastboot to stock?
those things are the only things i could think of to possibly resolve the problem...i know yuo've redone the d/l several times but have yuo ever checked md5sum?

autostadt

Reaction score
you have the file on external sd? and you've tried a fastboot to stock?
those things are the only things i could think of to possibly resolve the problem...i know yuo've redone the d/l several times but have yuo ever checked md5sum?

Yes, file is on external SD. I have not tried to fastboot to stock or checked md5sum. Thanks!

elvyrorie

Reaction score
First off, great rom, awesome job on your work with it. However, I'm having an issue that I haven't seen noted anywhere else. This morning while using maps and navigation, the phone proceeded to do a random hot boot twice in secession before allowing me to continue to navigate. Then about an hour later it did the same thing again, two quick hot boots. It would flash to the flashing moto symbol for a few seconds the display the lock screen, and as soon as I unlocked the phone, it would flash back to the moto screen again. This time after unlocking it would be okay. I'm running simplex 1.3. Anyone have these issues or a possible solution?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

James_W

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but are you using Swiftkey? It was causing me problems. No reboots, but a lot of force closes. Uninstalled it, and all is well. Which is fine, i really missed using Swype.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I am actually using SwiftKey, but it hasn't force closed at all. There hasn't been any issues with it so far. I do know that removing SwiftKey would be a no go for me. It's the only keyboard I've used for the last two years. Don't think I could switch to another.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jkidd16

Reaction score
Just loaded up this ROM last night. AWESOME. Just a question though. How do you get the Facebook Contact Pics to show up on the stock ROM messaging app? My contacts are synced with them, but my text messages are not. Any workaround for this or am I missing something?

injector

Reaction score
I didn't happen to notice on the front page nor the search function, does anyone know if Motocast works on this ROM?

jmpx55x

Reaction score
Whats the battery life you are getting on this Rom, im liking the looks of this but im wondering how amazing the battery life, having a hard time trying to get myself to flash a rom instead of sitting on stock with root.