Sign This - Let's Get The Bootloader Unlocked Already!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I said this in another thread but something that may solve two of our problems in one swoop would be to ask vzw for a nexus device. We know google don't lock bootloaders and if it did have bloatware we could easily remove it with out having to worry about it keeping us from getting an update. I sent vzw an email because they have to resspond to emails within24 hours, stating I would like to see a vzw nexus. There was a demand for the iphone and vzw made it happen. There is obvious demands for the nexus being its on other carriers. If enough vzw users demand it I don't see why they would notmake it happen. Just a thought.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know if it would change the mind of a company like Motorola but i'll sign, good luck

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember the letter writing campaign that saved the original Star Trek so it could run the third season. Back then they said 100 letters were better than one letter with 100 signatures.

Good luck!

Happy 80th BDAY Leonard Nimoy! :)

I saw something like this on twitter the other day...I'm going to check and see if it's the same thing...If not..I'll sign.. :)

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Keep the signatures coming! And considering adding a link to the petition in your sig. :)

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Wow over 800 sigs. I'd like to know what kind of response you get from them. Please keep us updated.

I'm not sure if this is enough to actually get a change from Motorola. I mean think about it how much profit do they make off a cell phone? Maybe $50? That's only a loss of $40000 if all these people don't but moto. I'd think you'd need like 5000+ sigs for them to care? But than again lets hope they do change it, I really don't understand their reasoning for doing so.

But like the rest of you the D1 will be my last motor phone unless they change their policies.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Signed........moto free the bootloaders.

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wow over 800 sigs. I'd like to know what kind of response you get from them. Please keep us updated.

I'm not sure if this is enough to actually get a change from Motorola. I mean think about it how much profit do they make off a cell phone? Maybe $50? That's only a loss of $40000 if all these people don't but moto. I'd think you'd need like 5000+ sigs for them to care? But than again lets hope they do change it, I really don't understand their reasoning for doing so.

But like the rest of you the D1 will be my last motor phone unless they change their policies.

Think about the potential customers who might be deterred from purchasing a moto phone when all this hype spreads. Rather than try to quantify the money lost per sig, think about the net affect of a damaged image. A lot of potential customers are a jeopardy.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Think about the potential customers who might be deterred from purchasing a moto phone when all this hype spreads. Rather than try to quantify the money lost per sig, think about the net affect of a damaged image. A lot of potential customers are a jeopardy.

this is true. it's been said before that they have no reason to care what the modders think because we are such a small number of the customer base, but we are the ones that the average user looks to when they prepare to buy a phone. if they alienate us it will certainly trickle down.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Signed.
Saw this on twitter earlier. Tweeted the man behind it and this was his response: from @ibproud-I know! It's great. I am taking part in an online Motorola Dev event on 29th March and will make sure I show them the figures." I wish him the best.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's great.... but I almost wish he holds off until the number is way higher and they find out when its too late. If their response is preemptive.. it might actually spoil the momentum. I want the hype to spread like fungus throughout the interwebs.. in blogs, social networking sites.. ect. Be very pervasive with this message. That's just the way I see it going down..

{{ WugFresh }}

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
but we are the ones that the average user looks to when they prepare to buy a phone. if they alienate us it will certainly trickle down.

Exactly. How many times have we seen a new member here because somebody from a verizon store referred them here. Thats not including the lurkers.

@wugfresh- I agree. But I'd imagine something like that was planned ahead of time, you know.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wow... you guys rock. We are almost ready to break a thousand. Keep em coming!
They have been steadily increasing.. It's great! Please consider adding a link in your sig. If its all over the boards, it really will help.. and what better way than your sig?

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Five away from a G. That has to be a groubal first for fastest to a thosand. Let's keep it going. Another thosand by sunrise!

{{ WugFresh }}