Sign This - Let's Get The Bootloader Unlocked Already!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Wug I have stuck this for now because I believe you will follow through all the way to the top if need be. Plus it's stuck on DXF : )

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any more? You don't have to be a DX/D2 user, just someone who opposes the trend of locked bootloaders. It takes two secconds, you don't even have to make your name public.

{{ WugFresh }}

camaro1173

Reaction score
Signed and left comment dancedroid

"What is the harm to have it unlocked. I buy a piece of hardware (desktop, laptop, car, house, boat, PHONE, what ever the hardware is.) WE all want to be able to do with it what we want. For instance a car which is a piece of hardware,we all modify them to our liking rims, paint, motor modifications, interior, sound anything you can think of and then we show it off to the world and have competitions to judge them. What do you think would happen if the company that made that piece of hardware said you could not do any of those modifications? You would put a whole lot of people and companies out of business. Just like your company almost did until Android OS came along and saved you. If you continue down the path you have chosen Motorola Mobility might see the end sooner then you would like."

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nice. I think the comments will help. So if you have the time, go for it. Tell em'! Let your voice be heard, or at least sign the petition. You don't have to even make your name public. Just sign it!

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
23 posts and 195 hits... I hope the lurkers sing too. It only takes two seconds.. we could use all the help we can get. Please sign!

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Shameless bump. Please sign!

{{ WugFresh }}

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto will look at the petition

{{ WugFresh }}

How will they see this petition? Just curious. I'd be happy to sign it, but not if all it does is sit on a website.

Read that petition hosting websites info. They're whole site is built off the idea that they bring it to the company. But I will tell you right now, if we get enough signatures, and that site doesn't do what they promise, then I promise I will hand deliver it to moto headquaters, and wait there until my voice is heard and recognised by an executive officer. I am dead serious, but only if I actually think we have enough signatures for them to care.

{{ WugFresh }}

Well, I signed it.

Please note that my Droid is UNrooted and I have no current plans to do so (at the moment at least). So being locked or not is NOT a deal breaker with me. HOWEVER, I do feel that causes are lost because someone didn't participate because it wasn't their problem.

I'm old enough to remember the letter writing campaign that saved the original Star Trek so it could run the third season. Back then they said 100 letters were better than one letter with 100 signatures.

Good luck!

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Awsome, I'm working on a FreeMyMoto app that will send letters as well. We are going to try and make this as big as possible.

{{ WugFresh }}

DThomp

Reaction score
Signed this a couple of days ago. More than twice the digs since then. Keep it up folks.