should i root or not?

krondizz

Reaction score
I've seriously thinking about rooting my razr. but most threads I've read are for older phones and my razr does most ofthethingsiwanttodowiththeroot. can anyone give me a ggood reason to root?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Rooting should be based on what you want from your phone and only you can decide that.

I root so that I'm able to delete bloat and/or flash custom ROMs.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
K

krondizz

Reaction score
i guess what im asking is for some more info on rooting RAZR's specifically. is it harder than others? are there any bugs that pertain to this phone when rooting? just haven't seen an abundance of info for razr

OP
K

krondizz

Reaction score
then again i probably haven't lookedhard enough

GotnFX

Reaction score
then again i probably haven't lookedhard enough

I always recommend folks to do a YouTube search. There are a ton of videos of how to root and most if not all have links to the utility and ROMs they used and installed.

KaChow

Reaction score
If you are really interested in Rooting, than by all means DO ROOT. I have helped many root their devices, when getting started there are 2 apps I recommend using , 1) Caller ID Backup and the second is 2) SMS Backup begin by backing up your call history and then backup all of your text messages. Make sure to store these items on the SD Card or the Storage1 Card which refers to the same. If ever the event occurs where you have wipe or erase or delete the data on the Internal or Storage 0, if you have stored to this default location, nothing will be there when you try to recover.

At the top of this "Hacks" section you can get an idea of how to ROOT, if not there are plenty of people and talented Moderators who will help you. Most people when they root, they do so because they want some level of control over their device, such as the ability to create backups of their apps and information, install Ad blockers to prevent those annoying ads, or remove apps that will not normally disappear. I always recommend installing a Recovery, whether it is Safestrap or any of the others, if you have taken the time to make your settings the way you want them, it is a good feeling to be able to save them. If the ROM crashes or doesn't work right at a later point simple restore it to the best version you created. I am always jumping between ROMs through the backups that I created, making them better, more usable just better for what I need them for. On your Journey, start by backing up, and always keep a backup, it is better to have one than to start over, believe me.:biggrin: