Razr Root Issue

Red5LTr

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I rooted my Razr prior to the OTA update 6.11.748 and had zero issues. I've tried to root since and this is what happens when I run the "runme.bat" file The phone never reboots or does anything like when I originally ROOTED.

Can anyone help me here

View attachment 45315

eidian

Reaction score
Did you use Doomlord v3? v3 is the only version that worked for me. Your pic is exactly what happened to me until I found the third version.

And don't forget to leave the phone on "Charge Only" when connected to the PC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
There is a newer v4 out that you can download over at XDA, that is if v3 does not work for you.

Malithar

Reaction score
Not to steal the thread...

I'm experiencing some issues rooting the Razr as well. Was doing it for my friend so that she could drop her Mifi off her plan. However I'm kinda running into a wall. I've read no less than eight websites detailing the same way to root the Razr. USB drivers, Doomlord, set to charge only, debug, and click. Easy enough.. I thought. I've tried two different sets of drivers that have been shown, the newest Motohelper 5.4 ones listed elsewhere, and the 5.2 listed here. Neither have given me the option of charge only in the notification tray when plugging in the phone, it just starts charging with no message at all. I thought maybe that was fine and ran Doomlord, but all it's done is search for the device and sit there with no luck. Occasionally on startup it'll say "starting daemon" or something of the like, but nothing really different there either. I've tried both v2 and v3 of Doomlord. The PC that I'm doing this on is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I'm guessing its just a driver issue, but I'm at a loss of what other's would work for this.

I've seen one mention of an alternative, but its mentioned on a site I've never seen, and I haven't seen the method mentioned anywhere else. Does anyone have any experience with it and if it's an option that may work? How to Root Motorola RAZR XT910 Some of the strange things they mentioned about rooting, without any details, kinda threw me off too. I haven't tried this method yet.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Rooted plenty of devices since getting my OG Droid two years ago and I'm really kinda at a loss of how I'm botching this easy of a root process.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have the same setup that you do as far as the OS goes. I am using the Motorola Mobile Drivers Installation 5.2.0 says from Motorola Inc. and a size of 4.34MB, and it works just fine with my phone. When I plug it into my computer on the "Notifications" on my phone it tells me USB connection made and I can choose what I want to do. IE..(PC Mode, Media Sync, USB Mass Storage, or Charge Only). Guessing since you are running Win 7 64 bit your computer if fairly new so your USB ports should have plenty of juice to be fully recognized and not just charge the phone. Might uninstall the drivers again with the phone disconnected, then restart computer, reinstall drivers, then plug in your phone.

Malithar

Reaction score
When I plug it into my computer on the "Notifications" on my phone it tells me USB connection made and I can choose what I want to do. IE..(PC Mode, Media Sync, USB Mass Storage, or Charge Only).

That seems to be where I'm stuck. I thought it was weird that nothing was coming up, but then again I've only messed with 2.2 Froyo much on my OG Droid which always popped up the USB Mass Storage stuff, so I thought it was just a change to Gingerbread.

Did the uninstall installing and uninstalling with no luck. Any option in the settings that could turn off those pop ups? Other than that, either the ports are bad, or maybe its the cord. She is using an off brand cord. Would that effect it?

Edit: Guessing its the drivers. Just tried connecting my Droid, and my cousin's Bionic, and only my Droid was recognized. What sorta fix would be needed for drivers? Multiple restarts, install and uninstalls, and older driver sets haven't seemed to work.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I remember I had to install the drivers before connecting my device when I had my Droid X, but it seems you already did that. An off brand cord could be your problem though, your D1 might not need as much juice as the Razr does. Can you try an actual Motorola branded cord? The charge cord that came with the Razr can be disconnected from the AC Adapter and used to hook up to the computer.

RazrUsr

Reaction score
Having a similar problem with the "Root your Motoral Droid Razr [Windows Only]" version of Doomlord's script for rooting (also not of the similar scripts work), the first error that script get is that it can't copy the 'su' file, which I believe is the supueruser command in linux. System Version: 6.12.173 .XT912 on Android 2.3.6 :frown: