Droid Razr Maxx Root on Mac

riverjao

Reaction score
Hello,

Could someone please give me a link that plainly shows how to root the Droid Razr Maxx (2.3.6) on a Mac. I've tried a couple of things and nothing is working. Not sure why. I've rooted, rommed, o'clocked, themed, unrooted, ect. plenty of times, but for some reason something just isn't working right. I've used 'zedomax' 's videos on YouTube (also rootrazr.com I think) but nothing happens. I seemingly type the correct things into the command prompt, then it says it's rooting, and after waiting forever, nothing happens. So please, link the most descriptive, step-by-step instructions that you can. Thanks Android community!!!

tonyo50138

Reaction score
Hello,

Could someone please give me a link that plainly shows how to root the Droid Razr Maxx (2.3.6) on a Mac. I've tried a couple of things and nothing is working. Not sure why. I've rooted, rommed, o'clocked, themed, unrooted, ect. plenty of times, but for some reason something just isn't working right. I've used 'zedomax' 's videos on YouTube (also rootrazr.com I think) but nothing happens. I seemingly type the correct things into the command prompt, then it says it's rooting, and after waiting forever, nothing happens. So please, link the most descriptive, step-by-step instructions that you can. Thanks Android community!!!

i use parallels desktop and dual boot windows xp to root phones on my mac, pretty easy :)

keysersoze1973

Reaction score
Hello,

Do a search on "motofail_linux_osx.zip".

This is what I used from my macbookpro to root my droid razor maxx prior to going to ICS.