Just bought the Razr, can't find a root tool.

Logan3824

Reaction score
I just bought the Razr today, was going to go with the maxx but I realized you can fit a Maxx battery in the razr and I wanted a white phone ;). Anyways, I'm looking for a root tool and so for I have come up empty...I've been reading about this motofail but I can't find a download for it. This phone is on version 2.3.6.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your close ... check the stickies..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198379 UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
L

Logan3824

Reaction score
Yea I'm dumb, I thought I had checked all the stickies but I guess I missed one! Thanks man.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just bought the Razr today, was going to go with the maxx but I realized you can fit a Maxx battery in the razr and I wanted a white phone ;). Anyways, I'm looking for a root tool and so for I have come up empty...I've been reading about this motofail but I can't find a download for it. This phone is on version 2.3.6.
+1 on the Razr Utility for rooting your Razr...it's a great utility. I don't want to burst your bubble, but you can't "fit" a Maxx battery into a OG Razr without a modified back cover...not to mention the process of opening the back cover of the Razr and voiding your warranty. You can modify the Razr with the Maxx battery but it is more than just replacing a battery.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Razr Utility for rooting your Razr...it's a great utility. I don't want to burst your bubble, but you can't "fit" a Maxx battery into a OG Razr without a modified back cover...not to mention the process of opening the back cover of the Razr and voiding your warranty. You can modify the Razr with the Maxx battery but it is more than just replacing a battery.

I think moto offers a kit, there's a topic somewhere on these here forums...

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I think moto offers a kit, there's a topic somewhere on these here forums...

I haven't seen a kit offered by moto but I have seen a kit by offered by a third party but I understand they are not taking anymore orders...not sure they ever took an order lol. I guess if Moto is offering a kit that it would require sending your phone into them for the conversion...otherwise wouldn't there be a warranty issue? From what I've seen it is not just taking one battery out and putting another in.

OP
L

Logan3824

Reaction score
I haven't seen a kit offered by moto but I have seen a kit by offered by a third party but I understand they are not taking anymore orders...not sure they ever took an order lol. I guess if Moto is offering a kit that it would require sending your phone into them for the conversion...otherwise wouldn't there be a warranty issue? From what I've seen it is not just taking one battery out and putting another in.

Actually it is pretty simple...Yes you do have to use the back cover of a maxx, but once these parts get released it will be cheap.

Yes, you can install a maxx battery in your Razr! - Page 2 - xda-developers

Some one on XDA showed that is as simple as opening the back, taking the battery out and placing the new one in. I'm not too worried about my warranty either.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Actually it is pretty simple...Yes you do have to use the back cover of a maxx, but once these parts get released it will be cheap.

Yes, you can install a maxx battery in your Razr! - Page 2 - xda-developers

Some one on XDA showed that is as simple as opening the back, taking the battery out and placing the new one in. I'm not too worried about my warranty either.
Yeah, I didn't think you were all that worried about the warranty. How about the sim/sd card slot and cover?

OP
L

Logan3824

Reaction score
From the pictures it shows that there may be a little gap, but if you have a case it wouldn't matter. It's just good to know if I run into any troubles with battery later then I can just swap out!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
From the pictures it shows that there may be a little gap, but if you have a case it wouldn't matter. It's just good to know if I run into any troubles with battery later then I can just swap out!
Sounds like a plan...go for it.