razr maxx root

irish4778

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone can help me to root razr maxx trying to find the easiest way to do it I've only rooted one other phone before which was my DROID incredible 2 so I'm kinda new to the whole rooting process any info would be greatly appreciated was looking to install ics after root aswell

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Best and easiest way to root is to use Matt's Utility in the sticky of this section. Easy as making sure you have a few settings checked and hitting a button and letting it do it's thing.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Best and easiest way to root is to use Matt's Utility in the sticky of this section. Easy as making sure you have a few settings checked and hitting a button and letting it do it's thing.

Matt's Utility is a great source as well - it is also a handy utility to keep around in case you need to fastboot back to stock.

OP
I

irish4778

Reaction score
Lol dumb ques what's the sticky of this section is it a direct download once I find it

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sorry, you see the four posts above yours how they say STICKY in front of them. That means the moderators have stuck those there and they never move because they are so awesome and everyone should read them. The first one is the Razr Utility, which I recommend using and yes I believe for 1.51 it is a direct download link.

The link that Smalltowngirl posted will also work for you I am sure, but as she said the utility can also revert you back to stock if you somehow mess up root or installing the ICS leak. Either way not a bad thing to have around, plus it unroots just as easily.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
:). I think I will bow out of this one so we don't keep double posting the same basic thoughts.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
well well well welcome back smalltowngirl :D

What's up holla? I saw you helping someone in the DT Razr thread the other day...ya still running the ICS Leak?

holla420

Reaction score
hey there. lol yea i was tryin to help someone not sure if i did or not.lol and yes i am still running the leak.best damn rom i've use so i'm not goin back til the ota update...lol stocked sucks how bout u wat r u rocking theses days

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The ICS leak as well - it has definitely been amazing! I am not going back to GB either LOL...

holla420

Reaction score
The ICS leak as well - it has definitely been amazing! I am not going back to GB either LOL...

hope u didnt flash the .84 or 84 files i stayed away from that since u couldnt get back lol.i think they have found out away to get back on track but i havent read it since i dont have to worry bout that since i didnt flash it lol

holla420

Reaction score
does ur motocast works mines doesnt it use to work when i was on the cheesecake.apk