SetCpu Update Available

samiusmc

Reaction score
Just updated my SetCpu and noticed the widget now displays the battery temp! Awesome addition. Now I get the cpu temp in the notification area and the battery temp in the SetCpu widget.

pyro6128

Reaction score
very nice. I was hoping this would fix the problem with my charging profiles not being recognized, but unfortunately not.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, much appreciated. I didn't really like the Battery Widget on my main screen anyway. The only reason I had it was to see the temperature. I'm not see the temperature in the notification area though. I did enable it from within the program.

BostonBill

Reaction score
Just updated my SetCpu and noticed the widget now displays the battery temp! Awesome addition. Now I get the cpu temp in the notification area and the battery temp in the SetCpu widget.

I don't see the cpu temp anywhere. Is there a display setting somewhere?

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I used droidmod to root and havent changed roms or anything. How involved is updating the kernel. I am sure there are instructions somewhere but is this a pretty easy thing to do and do you know where i can find the info on droidmod kernel updating?

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
under system info you now have "short bench" "long bench" and "stress test"

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Edit:
Nevermind... misinterpreted to OP... it's still just hitting battery temp so no worries on battery life

Last edited:

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
This sounds like a catch 22.... TempMonitor is a major battery drain when left on (i.e. started at boot, I get 1/3 to half the battery life with it running continuously:mad:)... if SetCPU is using the same method (which they more than likely are) it's not a welcome change here...
Wasnt it already monitoring it for the failsafe in your profiles though? It shouldnt change just because they display it now...

BostonBill

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I used droidmod to root and havent changed roms or anything. How involved is updating the kernel. I am sure there are instructions somewhere but is this a pretty easy thing to do and do you know where i can find the info on droidmod kernel updating?

I found it very confusing. I would say if the droidmod 1.0 is working for you keep it until they update it.
If you really want to change kernels, pick one, read as much as you can about it. Look to see what problems people have had and do nothing until you fully understand what you are doing. :)