SetCpu Update Available

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Just updated my SetCpu and noticed the widget now displays the battery temp! Awesome addition. Now I get the cpu temp in the notification area and the battery temp in the SetCpu widget.

How are you getting the cpu temp in the notification area? I'm getting the battery temp in the widget, and using tempmonitor in the notification area, but i'd delete tempmonitor if setcpu would put the temp in the notification area. I have notifications checked, so it shows a little chip in my notification bar, with whatever profile i'm in, but not the actual temp

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
Just updated my SetCpu and noticed the widget now displays the battery temp! Awesome addition. Now I get the cpu temp in the notification area and the battery temp in the SetCpu widget.

How are you getting the cpu temp in the notification area? I'm getting the battery temp in the widget, and using tempmonitor in the notification area, but i'd delete tempmonitor if setcpu would put the temp in the notification area. I have notifications checked, so it shows a little chip in my notification bar, with whatever profile i'm in, but not the actual temp

Open TempMonitor, hit the Droid's menu button, select preferences and scroll down to the 2nd to last option entitled "Proc Temp Notification." Check that box and it will replace the battery temp with the processor temp in the notification area. If that doesn't work, it may be related to the Kernel you are using. I'm running Bugless Beast v1.1 with the DroidMod's 1.2 GHz (a.k.a. Sholes.info) Kernel which you can get from AllDroid. Here is the link:

AllDroid - View topic - [ROM 2.0.1] Bugless Beast V1.1 (2/22/10) STABLE

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love the new temp display on the widget, but one weird thing:

It says I am on the charging profile even when I'm not, so it keeps my droid underclocked. Any ideas on fixing that? I had to turn profiles off, which sucks

There's another thread just on that issue alone. Didn't always do that, just started. Also I noticed that clicking the widget doesn't open the app anymore.

bgrubb7

Reaction score

It says I am on the charging profile even when I'm not, so it keeps my droid underclocked. Any ideas on fixing that? I had to turn profiles off, which sucks

There's another thread just on that issue alone. Didn't always do that, just started. Also I noticed that clicking the widget doesn't open the app anymore.

I'm having the exact same problem. Which thread are you talking about? Can you give a link? Thanks...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm having the exact same problem. Which thread are you talking about? Can you give a link? Thanks...
This happened to me too, by any chance do you have the widget on the homescreen? I did and when I took it off the problem mysteriously corrected itself.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
by any chance do you have the widget on the homescreen? I did and when I took it off the problem mysteriously corrected itself.

Doesn't matter whether I use the widget or not. Actually it only happens if I have my charging profile turned on. Even if I'm not plugged in or connected to a charger, it automatically clocks down to whatever I have set in my charging profile.

Whatever I have my charging profile set to is what it clocks down to all the time. If I turn my Charging profile off, the problem goes away. The other profiles don't seem to be causing the problem. Only Charging.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
by any chance do you have the widget on the homescreen? I did and when I took it off the problem mysteriously corrected itself.

Doesn't matter whether I use the widget or not. Actually it only happens if I have my charging profile turned on. Even if I'm not plugged in or connected to a charger, it automatically clocks down to whatever I have set in my charging profile.

Whatever I have my charging profile set to is what it clocks down to all the time. If I turn my Charging profile off, the problem goes away. The other profiles don't seem to be causing the problem. Only Charging.

I can't understand how mine went away, did you try force closing out of setcpu then restart it? Like closing it from the running services section and re-opening it. The only thing I can think of is that over my frustration I was like tapping over the slider thing over and over cause it would always give me a weird number. It might have foce closed itself lol

BTW does anyone know what's suppose to happen with the "stress test" I tried it and it just kept making my cpu temp go higher and higher it reached 72DegC and did give me anything, I got worried so I stopped it (it wasn't really responsive but it finally closed after a minute.)

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Gang,

There is a version a in the market now that was updated today, which will fix the earlier issue of the charging profile.

For those of you wondering about the stress test, from what I can gather it does not have a specific termination point. It looks to be doing something to run the cpu at full throttle. If you are significantly overclocked, you may not want to run the stress test "indefinately" without keeping an eye on temp, as in Temp Monitor. Not sure whether the Setcpu battery temp profile will kick in with the stress test, but I got my 1250 running phone up to 140f last night, which is where I shut down the stress test by using the back button on the phone.

All in all, it looks like the Setcpu is evolving very nicely, so much so that I do not have my Temp Monitor actively loaded and polling. I hate having apps loaded that poll my system, when there is some level of redundancy.

Craig

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gang,

There is a version a in the market now that was updated today, which will fix the earlier issue of the charging profile.

For those of you wondering about the stress test, from what I can gather it does not have a specific termination point. It looks to be doing something to run the cpu at full throttle. If you are significantly overclocked, you may not want to run the stress test "indefinately" without keeping an eye on temp, as in Temp Monitor. Not sure whether the Setcpu battery temp profile will kick in with the stress test, but I got my 1250 running phone up to 140f last night, which is where I shut down the stress test by using the back button on the phone.

All in all, it looks like the Setcpu is evolving very nicely, so much so that I do not have my Temp Monitor actively loaded and polling. I hate having apps loaded that poll my system, when there is some level of redundancy.

Craig
Thanks for the heads up I'm downloading now. And thanks for the Stress test warning glad I didn't let it keep going as I'm also OC'ed to 1.25GHz :icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kudos to the developer. I sent him an email on the problem and he got back to me in under an hour telling me he'd have a hot fix for it by tonight. He kept his word.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gang,

Craig

Craig, thanks for the heads up. I looked this morning and it wasn't there. I just installed the update and it seems to have fixed the issue!

good.gif

EDIT: However, clicking the widget still doesn't open the app. That was a nice perk as you didn't have to put a short cut on your home screen.