SetCpu Update Available

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
TempMonitor is for cpu temp, this is for battery temp. For the notifications go under profiles and check notification. This just displays the current Max and Min. So you don't have to have the widget it that is all you want.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a catch 22.... TempMonitor is a major battery drain when left on (i.e. started at boot, I get 1/3 to half the battery life with it running continuously:mad:)... if SetCPU is using the same method (which they more than likely are) it's not a welcome change here...
Wasnt it already monitoring it for the failsafe in your profiles though? It shouldnt change just because they display it now...

Yeah, I changed my post... I misread, thought it mentioned CPU temp but it's just the battery temp still.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just updated my SetCpu and noticed the widget now displays the battery temp! Awesome addition. Now I get the cpu temp in the notification area and the battery temp in the SetCpu widget.

I don't see the cpu temp anywhere. Is there a display setting somewhere?
Once you do the update, go into SetCPU and click on "Profiles", at the top you'll see the check boxes for Profiles On and Notifications.

BostonBill

Reaction score
TempMonitor is for cpu temp, this is for battery temp. For the notifications go under profiles and check notification. This just displays the current Max and Min. So you don't have to have the widget it that is all you want.

Got it thanks.

M

Matth3w

I am having the same problem. I used droidmod to root and havent changed roms or anything. How involved is updating the kernel. I am sure there are instructions somewhere but is this a pretty easy thing to do and do you know where i can find the info on droidmod kernel updating?
1. Download the kernel.
2. Rename to update.zip
3. Place on SD card
4. Reboot into recovery mode with spr
5. Choose allow update.zip install and then install update.zip (deprecated)

angryunibrow

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I used droidmod to root and havent changed roms or anything. How involved is updating the kernel. I am sure there are instructions somewhere but is this a pretty easy thing to do and do you know where i can find the info on droidmod kernel updating?

I'm in the same boat as you, My profiles don't seem to change anything. Not good!

How easy is it update the kernel from the DroidMod

Edit: post above answers that, but do you recommend a Kernel to use with droidmod?

dadevers

Reaction score
i got up to 116 deg. f and still running. how long does it go?

pyro6128

Reaction score
1. Download the kernel.
2. Rename to update.zip
3. Place on SD card
4. Reboot into recovery mode with spr
5. Choose allow update.zip install and then install update.zip (deprecated)

I'm still running bb 7.5, are there any compatibility issues if I throw one of the chevy kernels in there?

deputc26

Reaction score
hmmm iwish I t showed current clockspeed instead of bat temp...

anuraj1

Reaction score
Love the new temp display on the widget, but one weird thing:

It says I am on the charging profile even when I'm not, so it keeps my droid underclocked. Any ideas on fixing that? I had to turn profiles off, which sucks

jlutz555

Reaction score
just went to update this in the market and remembered I got mine from the xda-dev forums oops!

jasonb

Reaction score
Love the new temp display on the widget, but one weird thing:

It says I am on the charging profile even when I'm not, so it keeps my droid underclocked. Any ideas on fixing that? I had to turn profiles off, which sucks

I'm having the same issue. The update adds a lot of nice features but its got some bugs.