[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

Dom1000

Reaction score
I've flashed this rom a few times its been running smoothly for me now but before I kept getting the fcs and I went into a sort of bootloop where it would boot all the way up and then a few seconds later it restarted...

I love this it looks so clean I do have a few things I think could be worked on...I like having the 1% batt incriments which I'm sure I can get with that addon and I would like to be able to use the entire screen when I don't have the search bar on the homescreen I can accomplish this with adw but I like the way trebuchet looks other than that I really like it the thing that I wanted the most was the recent apps because its so much easier and looks cleaner

I came from mav 2.5 which I still like but its just not ics...and battery is a huge issue for me I'm rarely by my charger during the day so its nice to have a battery that can last me all day which is wat I liked about mav

Thanks

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Downloaded 6 again plus the patch. Still no 3g. Toggled Airplane mode plus wifi as well. Im going to wait on this. Love the feel of the ROM though. Going back to Maverick.

GaneshaIX

Reaction score
Downloaded 6 again plus the patch. Still no 3g. Toggled Airplane mode plus wifi as well. Im going to wait on this. Love the feel of the ROM though. Going back to Maverick.

What patch? For the XT860? I'm assuming you have an XT862, so therefore you don't need the patch.

On a different note, I haven't had a single issue with Alpha 6 besides the com.phone.android FC on boot, but removing GlobalNWSwitch.apk fixed that issue for me. This ROM is my favorite thus far and I've run MavROM, SD V4.5, and Liberty 2.0 Gold. I've actually had the best battery life with this as well.

GaneshaIX

Reaction score
Wow..ok, in the download link there was a patch that was to be installed afterwards. Thank you

That is only if you have an XT860, not an XT862.

I assume you mean the link that looks like this?

XT860 Sub-Patch (by Rick#2) for ICS: ...

RobbieMan

Reaction score
Got my replacment phone in the mail today, although i really wanna download this, i think ill wait till it gets fixed.

xElektro

Reaction score
Is it just my phone? don't know if this has been posted but my phone like. Stopped charging. I left my phone charging overnight and only charged to 15 percent.

jayhardacre

Reaction score
Maverick is a great from, but this one is I think a lot more sick and faster than maverick...I do miss my camera tho lol

Darksthour

Reaction score
For all of those getting problems with force closes on the boot of alpha #6 try this.

D3 ICS Users: To stop Phone FCs remove "GlobalNWSwitch.apk" from /system/app or wait for a small upcoming patch later today.

That was from hashcodes twitter a few days ago. Follow him (or just make an account and only follow him for those of you without twitter) to get up to date news on the builds. His handle is @hashcode0f.

turlian

Reaction score
Anybody have the new Chrome beta working on this ROM? Just loads blank pages for me.

Darksthour

Reaction score
Anybody have the new Chrome beta working on this ROM? Just loads blank pages for me.

I just tried. Don't think it does. It is just beta so it probably only works with the galaxy nexus. Won't be too long to see it work on more devices and roms.

sgsalas258

Reaction score
Hey there I can't seem to find any information on issues with the backlight not working. I just got on alpha 6. The keyboards backlight doesn't come on when I type. I have to toggle the screen brightness on the power control widget to get it to turn on. But when I turn my screen off, the backlight goes back to not lighting up. Is there anything I can do about this?

Darksthour

Reaction score
Hey there I can't seem to find any information on issues with the backlight not working. I just got on alpha 6. The keyboards backlight doesn't come on when I type. I have to toggle the screen brightness on the power control widget to get it to turn on. But when I turn my screen off, the backlight goes back to not lighting up. Is there anything I can do about this?

You have to go into your display settings and turn on automatic brightness. That toggles the backlight for the keyboard.

sgsalas258

Reaction score
You have to go into your display settings and turn on automatic brightness. That toggles the backlight for the keyboard.

That keeps my keyboard continuously on. How can I just have it so that it turns on in low light conditions?