SBF File, RSD Lite/Drivers And Instructions

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Sorry I Wasn't Around, I Got Infractions That Got Me A Day Off But I'm Back Now. Thank You Droid2drummer For Helping This Guy And Getting His Phone Operation Again. :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry I Wasn't Around, I Got Infractions That Got Me A Day Off But I'm Back Now. Thank You Droid2drummer For Helping This Guy And Getting His Phone Operation Again. :)

Its my pleasure..we are a team of friends here:)....dang infractions! Lol Cheers bro! :)

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!

sallev1

Reaction score
Hello Mike:D,
Well I took the RDS Lite route and installed the sbf with great sucess. Thank you all

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Very Glad To Hear That You Are Welcome. Just For The Future Comments Watch Your Auto-correct It's RSD Not RDS. Happy Flashing.

jplipper

Reaction score
Hey Mike. Great thread. Have a DX2 with the OTA Gingerbread update (2.3.3). Followed your instructions for rooting via the "oneclick" file. The program says I'm rooted, but I did a ConnectBot check and I still don't have root access. Anything I might be missing? I did not use Gingerbread SBF. Thanks in advance.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Hey Mike. Great thread. Have a DX2 with the OTA Gingerbread update (2.3.3). Followed your instructions for rooting via the "oneclick" file. The program says I'm rooted, but I did a ConnectBot check and I still don't have root access. Anything I might be missing? I did not use Gingerbread SBF. Thanks in advance.

Rerun The Program Again Be Sure That The USB Debugging Is Checked And It's In Charge Only Mode. Also You Need To Make Sure You Have The Latest Motorola Drivers For Your PC(32/64Bit), Mac, Or Linux.

jplipper

Reaction score
Rerun The Program Again Be Sure That The USB Debugging Is Checked And It's In Charge Only Mode. Also You Need To Make Sure You Have The Latest Motorola Drivers For Your PC(32/64Bit), Mac, Or Linux.

Will do! Thanks for the quick reply.

jplipper

Reaction score
No Problem Gmail Usually Works For Letting Me Know.

Well, I gave it a go, and....root still won't take. I re-downloaded the end user drivers and the "one click" program, and followed the directions to a T. The only thing that I found odd was that my computer is using Microsoft drivers for my DX2, not the Motorola drivers I installed. I'm going to try fixing that first. Should I just go the SBF route?

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Well, I gave it a go, and....root still won't take. I re-downloaded the end user drivers and the "one click" program, and followed the directions to a T. The only thing that I found odd was that my computer is using Microsoft drivers for my DX2, not the Motorola drivers I installed. I'm going to try fixing that first. Should I just go the SBF route?

Not Until After The Motorola Drivers Fail.

jplipper

Reaction score

Success!! For those who have Windows 7, I uninstalled the windows drivers from my "device," downloaded the 64 bit Motorola End User drivers and then turned off my wi-fi so that windows had to search the computer hard drive for the correct drivers when I connected the X2. Once that was set, smooth sailing. Thanks Mike!!

alienmau

Reaction score
Hey dude anybody knows how to put on Diagnostic mode the X2???? i need to use QPST any idea?

Scur

Reaction score
Hey dude anybody knows how to put on Diagnostic mode the X2???? i need to use QPST any idea?

Firstly, you have to use at least QPST 2.7 build 366, nothing older will work. When I did it, I used HW Virtual Serial Port with these settings: NVT disabled, port set to Com 10, ip address 192.168.16.2, port as 11008. Then I made sure the phone was set to PC mode, and it connected fine.

shuuti

Reaction score
HELP... EROR Flashing...EROR Switching BP PASS Through mode

OMG... my X2 now Fail and Fail while Flashing SBF via RSD lite...always n always stuck at step Switching BP PASS Through mode..
Here my LOG try resque my DX2 :
1.Using PC win XP sP2,RSD lite 5.3.1 usb driver 5.1.0 Flashing File VRZ_MB870_4.5.1A-DTN-150-30_1FF_01.sbf :
-Create Image ISO bla bla... 100%
-Flashing OS bla bla.... 99%
-Switching Switching BP PASS Through mode... EROR
-Flashing Failed phone disconected
-----TRY 3times : ALL FAiled---
DX2 stuck on MOTO dualcore LOGO with state MOdem cannot power up RSD protocol started
2.USING same PC ,RSD lite 5.3.1, USB driver with moto helper 5.2.0 Flashing File VRZ_MB870_4.5.1A-DTN-150-30_1FF_01.sbf :
-----TRY 3times : ALL FAiled---
DX2 stuck on MOTO dualcore LOGO with state MOdem cannot power up RSD protocol started
3.Using same PC, USING same PC ,RSD lite 5.3.1, USB driver with moto helper 5.2.0 Flashing File VRZ_MB870_DTN-14.8_1FF_01.sbf (downgrade to 2.2.2)
-----TRY 2times : ALL FAiled---
4. on boot menu : BOOT android (NO BP)
DX2 can bootup but no signal (cross symbol at signal ) see at about phone : baseband,ERI,PRL all unknown state
Android system 2.2.2
5.Try UPDATE OTA over WIFI ---- download succes DX2 reboot updating process until about 90% ,DX2 reboot again then StuCK on LOGO MOtorola Dual core with state Modem cannot bootup..RSD protokol started
6.On boot menu : BOOT ANDROID (NO BP) --enter sistem see about phone Android Version 2.3.3 with unknown baseband,ERI n PRL
7.last try using PC XP SP2, RSD lite 5.4.4 usb diver 5.2.0 with moto helper flashing VRZ_MB870_4.5.1A-DTN-117-15_1FF_01.sbf (ver 2.3.3)
Create Image ISO bla bla... 100%
-----TRY 2times : ALL FAiled---

anyway from this LOG is My DX2 totally bricked with Modem hardware failure????
ANY other methode for Flashing SBF like LINUX methode ?? I keep read n explore all forum droid for LINUX methode for resque DX2 but still no clue (its just for DX1,D2)...