System Recovery (Bootstrap)

Using Recovery:
1. Install The Apk
2. Open App And Hit 'Install Recovery'
3. Hit 'Recovery Mode'
4. Inside Clockworkmod You Can Then Perform These Actions:

Main Screen.
PKiuT9x

Before Flashing Anything It's A Good Idea To Perform A Full Nandroid Backup. This Is Also Where You Can Restore A Previous Backup.
UpC3ksv

When Installing/Flashing Roms, Themes, Or General 'Hacks' Use The Install From SD Card.
X7zAUMT

Advanced Menu Is Where You Can Wipe The Dalvik Cache, Wipe The Battery Stats If You're Getting Inaccurate Readings, Report Error Creates A Txt File If Your Flash Was Aborted, And Fix Permissions If You Get Force Closes.
VyH0EoI

If You're Going To Upgrade Using P3's Pre-Root You MUST Be Bone Out Of The Box Stock 2.2.2 With Only Root And System Recovery.

Rooting Gingerbread SBF Or OTA - Now Supports Unrooting
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - LINK to x64 drivers(64-bit) LINK to x86 drivers(32-bit)
2. Download and unzip 'MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4' - LINK MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4
3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
4. Plug phone into computer and select "Charge Only" mode
5. Navigate to 'MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4' folder and run 'MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe'
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.

For Windows XP users having trouble try this -> v7 .bat One Click.
The instructions are the same as the EXE version.

Thanks to the hard work of the following:
djrbliss - finding the exploit
framework43 - writing the OG one click
psouza4 - rewriting the whole damn thing 100 times and being the man behind the curtain(he's watching you)
icon_eek.gif

krazykrivda - gathering developers and making this happen

Instructions For Using RSD Lite:

1. Start RSD Lite And Plug Your USB Cable Into The Back Of The Computer Only.

2. Press And Hold The Power Button And Hold The Volume Up Rocker Until You See "Starting RSD Protocol Support".

3. Now Plug Your USB Cable Into The Phone. You Will Then See Inside Of RSD Lite That Your Device Is Now Connected.

4. Click On The "..." Find The SBF File You Unzipped And Open It.

5. Click Start. After The Device Reboots And RSD Says 100% You May Then Close RSD Lite, It's Possible It May Give You An Error Saying That It Is Not Done Yet. You Can Ignore That And Click Okay To Proceed.

After An SBF It Will Have A TRIANGLE In The Notifications, You Must Dial *228 Follow The Instructions.

When Deciding To Start Flashing ROMs You CANNOT Cross Flash.
Okay: 2.2 > 2.2 Or 2.3 > 2.3

NOT Okay: 2.2 > 2.3 Or 2.3 > 2.2

Only Exceptions Are SBF, P3's Pre-Root, And OTA.

Now That It's All Ready To Go, You're Probably Gonna Wanna Check Out The ROM Roundup Or Themes.

Thanks To Alucard103 For The ROM Roundup.

**NOTE: Give Credit To The Developer(s) That Made This Possible.

If You Wish You May Donate.

WARNING:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU USE THIS METHOD ON YOUR DROIDX2 AND IT DOES NOT WORK OR "BRICKS" YOUR DROIDX2.

Last edited:

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Grrrrrrrr!!!

Link works, but download button on filesonic just recycles the page, DOES NOT DL!! Grrr!! lol. Can someone please post a fresh link???

You'll Need These Files:

RSDLite5.3.1_5.1Drivers.rar

Download VRZ_MB870_DTN-14.8_1FF_01.sbf.gz for free on Filesonic.com

Install RSD Lite And The Drivers First Then Proceed To The Next Steps.

1. Start RSD Lite And Plug Your USB Cable Into The Computer Only.

2.Turn Your Phone On Getting It To Say "RSD".

3. Plug Your USB Cable Into The Phone.

4. Press The Volume Up Once.

You'll See Inside RSD Lite That It Is Connected And Ready To Go.

**NOTE: Give Credit To The Developer(s) That Made This Possible.

WARNING:
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU USE THIS METHOD ON YOUR DROIDX2 AND IT DOES NOT WORK OR "BRICKS" YOUR DROIDX2.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No way, I wouldn't try it

OnoSendi

Reaction score
He was asking if he could use an X1 SBF for an X2. However, I was on XDA earlier today and saw a thread about an SBF that's out for the X2. I dunno, it could have been out for a while now, though.

darkspaceboy

Reaction score
what about 2.3.3 sbf or one of them
i have seen a few of them say 2.3.3 for droid x2 on a few sites

darkspaceboy

Reaction score
the ones i have found are eather on hear or on xda-dev, and i belive a few on droid x forums
but in eather case im more of a realest if the phone didnt come with it or dont have a update to that i wouldn't do it. i was more or less just asking to know so that if the time comes up that i would like to paly around with that that i would know or others would know. i did read that the x2 is going to be jumping strait to 2.4 witch is why they didnt come with 2.3.3

Last edited:

in99flames

Reaction score
Thanks for the SBF, this is good news indeed. I suppose a workaround for not having a 2.3.3 sbf would be just flashing 2.2.2 then doing a system update download into 2.3.3. I haven't put this to the test yet but that should get you back to 2.3.3 if you need to. It should register an update for you if its a stock sbf which it appears to be.