Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

While it's easy to argue that the issues with Note 7 devices are fairly isolated and (so far) only affecting a small percentage of devices currently in consumer's possession, it's hard to not take the issue seriously when you see this special Note 7 Return Kit that some device owners are receiving.

I've seen it said by owners of replacement devices that they had some trouble figuring out exactly what steps to take to get the new device and have been further confused by what steps to take to return the new device now that Samsung and carriers have stopped production and sales of the device altogether.

This seems like a pretty clear message from Samsung about how to return your device, but I'm wondering how this will play into getting a refund from the carriers, Best Buy, and etc.

Have any of our Note owners taken delivery of this special kit yet?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know those kits were a result of them only being able to get shipping companies to agree to shipping the items back to them if they issued them. But talk about insult to injury, ouch.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Verizon is pushing us to exchange online.

59fa656aab9c80b0fe33713b06169e86.jpg

Samsung Note 7.5

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verizon is pushing us to exchange online.

59fa656aab9c80b0fe33713b06169e86.jpg

Samsung Note 7.5

Efficient way?

No they mean easier for them (Verizon). How about "we apologize for the inconvenience and value you as a customer. Bring your device to the nearest store at your convenience and we will accommodate an exchange with any other device we have. Thank you for being a valued customer".

I know this isn't Verizon's fault but I have to admit I have not been pleased with how Verizon, out of all the carriers, have handled this. Funny how Sprint and T-Mobile managed to handle this situation better than the "award winning customer service" carrier.

Maybe I am being harsh on Verizon.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad to see Samsung has taken such measures to ensure all Note 7s are out of consumer's hands. It's sad, but they are handling this the right way. Definitely will hurt their image for a good while, but they can recover.

As for that VZW message.....how can online be more efficient than in store.....what?!
I understand you want to dodge unhappy customers, but it's not like Verizon manufactured the phones or were the only carriers who offered the device. Stores could offer full refunds and help customers find another device. Heck they could even throw in some free accessories, I'm sure they could spare a car charger. Do that, and then they can be praised for their customer service and to justify the cost of being on their network. What a misstep...

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Efficient way?

No they mean easier for them (Verizon). How about "we apologize for the inconvenience and value you as a customer. Bring your device to the nearest store at your convenience and we will accommodate an exchange with any other device we have. Thank you for being a valued customer".

I know this isn't Verizon's fault but I have to admit I have not been pleased with how Verizon, out of all the carriers, have handled this. Funny how Sprint and T-Mobile managed to handle this situation better than the "award winning customer service" carrier.

Maybe I am being harsh on Verizon.
I agree totally. It is 100% easier for them. Hey if us loyal customers are inside the store seeking a replacement they might miss out on a new customer. They already have my money so why accommodate me.?

Samsung Note 7.5

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree totally. It is 100% easier for them. Hey if us loyal customers are inside the store seeking a replacement they might miss out on a new customer. They already have my money so why accommodate me.?

Samsung Note 7.5

Seems like a few customers ought to walk in throwing their devices on the counter and walk out just cuz. Imagine if many of their note 7 customers cancelled and went to att or some other carrier and signed up for a go plan just long enough for Verizon to get the hint. I know they are trying to grab more customers but how about take care of the customers they already have.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Seems like a few customers ought to walk in throwing their devices on the counter and walk out just cuz. Imagine if many of their note 7 customers cancelled and went to att or some other carrier and signed up for a go plan just long enough for Verizon to get the hint. I know they are trying to grab more customers but how about take care of the customers they already have.
We at Droidforums.net do not in any way shape or form condone throwing any devices or solid objects in the direction of anyone.

Samsung Note 7.5

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
So wat phone are you all going to get

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Since they are pushing us to exchange online wonder if they are shipping overnight

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I went into a Verizon store today....it was a MESS! They did an in-store exchange and kept one of my Note 7's then in the middle of completing the second they got a notice saying not to keep defective Notes and have customers wait for the special kit to send it back. So, I came home with two Iphone 7+'s and a Note 7 with strict instructions to leave it powered off...

The exchange process resulted in me having to front the taxes on the new phones (kind of pissed me off..) they explained it was impossible to bill them so beware of that when exchanging your phones. Other than that Verizon has been very accommodating and pleasant.

I am excited to test this IPhone out for a year or maybe more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I went into a Verizon store today....it was a MESS! They did an in-store exchange and kept one of my Note 7's then in the middle of completing the second they got a notice saying not to keep defective Notes and have customers wait for the special kit to send it back. So, I came home with two Iphone 7+'s and a Note 7 with strict instructions to leave it powered off...

The exchange process resulted in me having to front the taxes on the new phones (kind of pissed me off..) they explained it was impossible to bill them so beware of that when exchanging your phones. Other than that Verizon has been very accommodating and pleasant.

I am excited to test this IPhone out for a year or maybe more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So does this mean you will be changing your name to iPhoneprincess? I will refrain from calling a Super Mod a traitor though. LOL