Samsung Galaxy Note 5 'in the wild' Pics Destroy All Hope of MicroSD Slot

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-5-leaked-in-the-wild.jpg

It's been a very dry Tuesday for mobile tech news, but we are not too happy we broke the drought with the following story. The folks at Droid-Life have a few leaked "in the wild" pics of the upcoming new Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and they pretty much eliminate any hope that the device has a MicroSD slot.

The images cover the entire outer shell of the phone and there is neither hide nor hair of a MicroSD slot. If it had a removable battery, then it could be inside the case, but it is also confirmed that the device will not have that either.

Of course, it's possible this is a fake, but that seems unlikely at this point. <sigh> :(

You can check the rest of the pics in the thread below, and here is a link to our dedicated Galaxy Note 5 section: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are all of those leaked "in the wild" Galaxy Note 5 images:

galaxy-note-5-leaked-in-the-wild.jpg

galaxy-note-5-leaked-in-the-wild-2.jpg

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh dgstorm, I'm not totally convinced yet that there's not a SD card slot there somewhere. I'm still hoping. Maybe it's on the right side above the power button. I am sure they could squeeze it in there.

sent from my Note3, (currently but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Oh dgstorm, I'm not totally convinced yet that there's not a SD card slot there somewhere. I'm still hoping. Maybe it's on the right side above the power button. I am sure they could squeeze it in there.

sent from my Note3, (currently but soon to be??) using tapatalk

I am with you. Still some real estate not being shown perhaps there is hope still.... Either way I don't think I will be getting one I am sticking with my Note 4

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
But even if it doesn't have a removable battery, does that guarantee that the rear cover doesn't come off? There could be a slot in there.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The big bummer to me is no dual front facing speakers =( If I decide to get one (and I probably will), I'll miss those dual front speakers.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Well damn! That speaker grill is the same size as the charge port, wtFFFFFFFFFFFFF?!?!?!?!?!?

mach330

Reaction score
That makes my decision easier. Love my note 4 but this is not the upgrade I was looking for. Just hoping one of the next nexus will have at least sd card (hopefully remove able battery) as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
On a Nexus? No Nexi have ever had either. Huwaei to the rescue? Hmmmm, that's an interesting concept.

S5 tap'n

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
the absence of a micro SD card slot is confirmed and follows the same logic as for Galaxy S6, probably due to the presence of fast storage memory UFS on board.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
achat iphone 6 achat ipad air 2

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
UFS can work with sdcards just fine. It just has to be baked into the software.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That makes my decision easier. Love my note 4 but this is not the upgrade I was looking for. Just hoping one of the next nexus will have at least sd card (hopefully remove able battery) as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a Nexus? No Nexi have ever had either. Huwaei to the rescue? Hmmmm, that's an interesting concept.

S5 tap'n
Galaxy Nexus had a removable battery. I'm also fairly sure that the Nexus devices before that offered SD card slots. It was when the Gnex came out that Google decided that it was "too complicated/confusing" for the average user to have SD and internal storage. I could be wrong on the SDs, but I know for sure the gnex had a removable battery.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Honestly, I think we'll be surprised. Though we know how a majority of the members of this forum feel about the situation, our membership doesn't exactly speak for the masses as a whole. As some have pointed out in other threads, there are plenty of regular consumers who don't even know that forums like this exist that have never and will never put an sd card in a phone.

I miss the days when they GAVE you an sd card with a new phone. I used to have a handful or 8-16GB cards laying around, that I eventually donated to people I knew wouldn't fill them quickly, but needed them. ;)