Galaxy Note 5 With MicroSD Card Slot IS COMING!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When the Note 5 was unpacked it surprised no one that their was no MicroSD Card slot. It did however bum many of you out. I have some good news for your today and I also have some bad news for you. As it turns out there is a Galaxy Note 5 variant coming that will feature a MicrSD card slot. That is the good news. The bad news is that it is coming in the form of a microsd card slot/ 2nd sim hybrid tray. The fact that it is included in the 2nd sim slot more than likely means that this will be an international variant device. This could be the device that Europe is missing! Technically if it is unlocked it should still work on US GSM carriers. The downside to this would be that you would have to pay to ship it internationally and any import fees. Would it be worth it to you to pay the extra to have the microsd card slot?

via GSMdome

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, not gonna work for the masses here in the US unfortunately. Verizon is at least one carrier it won't work on and that's a huge chunk of that market share. Fail IMHO.

It stinks that the overseas markets are often the first, and sometimes the only ones to see some of the coolest technology.

Sent from my X98 Air 3G(C5J6) using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
No one cares about the SD....but a Phandroid poll showed 76% were pissed over the lack of a non-removable battery and no SD.

it would have been more comical if they raped buyers for 128GB storage.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Why can't the phone manufactures bake a phone with all ratio's on it, like moto did with the nexus 6? think of how much money it would save, not having 20+ different variants and it goes down to 1 - 4 devices and they only have to manufacture the different memory sizes.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why can't the phone manufactures bake a phone with all ratio's on it, like moto did with the nexus 6? think of how much money it would save, not having 20+ different variants and it goes down to 1 - 4 devices and they only have to manufacture the different memory sizes.
You just described Apple ios devices to a T

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

grrouchie

Reaction score
Baking a phone is never good.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Actually the added cost of the wasted components in those phones which will never get to use them is probably far more expense.

Sent from my X98 Air 3G(C5J6) using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Incipio, I believe, created a smart case which acts as a spare battery and had an SD slot. It's not Ideal but it is an option for those complaining about these features.

Read this Samsung Galaxy S6 Battery Case Galaxy S6 Cases Incipio

There are plans to expand to the note phones.

Sent from my Note 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
You won't have to pay international shipping at all. Most recognized phone vendor websites will stock these here in the U.S.

If you can deal with 4G as being the fastest network connection available then buying this phone would be a no-brainer for folks on the GSM networks.

Verizon alienated themselves and all of their customers by launching a non-standard network while the rest of the world enjoys complete phone compatibility regardless of where you travel.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The S3 was supposed to be world capable and can still work globally on some GSM bands around the world, but the S4, S5 & higher are fully capable of working most anywhere in the world. save for the smaller GSM band networks.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes, but can I bring my TMo Note Edge to Verizon and use it in the U.S.?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Touche' lol
Hey, I thought we were talking Internationally?
Good point though....it needs to include more bands to cover a wider spectrum.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Touche' lol
Hey, I thought we were talking Internationally?
Good point though....it needs to include more bands to cover a wider spectrum.

S5 tap'n

It wasn't for a touche' lol. Isn't part of VZW's network GSM? Like the LTE part?

I thought they were supposed to be moving over to GSM.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I heard something about that as well. Seems like it would be quite the undertaking to equip all their current towers with the proper hardware to convert to GSM. Maybe it's more software related? I don't know enough about it to know how difficult the conversion would be. We need someone "in the biz", like greenfroggie, he would probably know.

S5 tap'n