Samsung Galaxy Nexus Pops up in Verizon's System

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm back to using my OG again. After having the Droid 2, Droid Pro, and Droid X in addition to the OG, the OG is still by far my favorite. If this new nexus wasn't coming out, I would most likely just continue to use the OG. :)

My OG doesn't work as well as I think it should. I'm not sure if it's the ROM's, the Kernels, or the Hardware, but I want to go back to a stable device that works well all the time again. I think a new phone will help that to happen again.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wish I could say that...its 1030, I started at 5, by 9 it was at 20%, I just pulled it off the charger ...it'll be lucky to make it to 1 or 2...and it freezes up every time I use the internet and I get a text or email notification. I'd go back to an older ROM, but it only helps for about 3-4 days before it starts doing it again....phone weekly overheats and reboots if there's any heavy internet useage...
I came really close to getting a bionic, but after following it almost daily and waiting so long, I figured a little long wouldn't kill me, but its been close!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Sounds like you could benefit from a SBF back to stock, then re-root.

EDIT: Here, if you're interested.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know what, although it's true that smartphones today are advanced pieces of technology, they are still devices engineered by man. At some point they will not work as well as they once did. So, my OG won't last another 2 years. It's inevitable that I will need to get a new phone at some point. Maybe the Bionic is next on the plate, since it's already a penny on Amazon.com. Can I really wait until November or December to get this supposed next generation device? Give me a real date Google so that I can make a decision!

matt2783

Reaction score
You know what, although it's true that smartphones today are advanced pieces of technology, they are still devices engineered by man. At some point they will not work as well as they once did. So, my OG won't last another 2 years. It's inevitable that I will need to get a new phone at some point. Maybe the Bionic is next on the plate, since it's already a penny on Amazon.com. Can I really wait until November or December to get this supposed next generation device? Give me a real date Google so that I can make a decision!

That Amazon deal is only for new customers signing a 2 year contract. I think it's still $250 for existing costumers resigning.

xandor

Reaction score
This is what I've been holding onto my upgrade for. Can't wait for the 18th, and hopefully Verizon will also announce when it'll go on sale then as well so I can plan to get it when it comes out.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

I believe that is only applicable if you add a new line or are a new VZW customer. I do not believe it applies when one us upgrading.

papaboomboom

Reaction score
Samsung Nexus Prime

I'm not quick to upgrade but the Samsung Nexus Prime sounds like it might be for me. I'd like some advice.....

I currently use a Panasonic transportable that I bought new many years ago. It's analog only and kinda heavy to lug around.

Do you think the Prime would be appropriate for me. I do not use a computer (my grandson is typing this) and have pretty bad eyes.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I'm not quick to upgrade but the Samsung Nexus Prime sounds like it might be for me. I'd like some advice.....

I currently use a Panasonic transportable that I bought new many years ago. It's analog only and kinda heavy to lug around.

Do you think the Prime would be appropriate for me. I do not use a computer (my grandson is typing this) and have pretty bad eyes.

well...the screen should be big enough....might be too much tech for you there.... also....your not going to be using it to its full ability....at all. any reason you wouldnt consider a free phone????

Reaction score
@papboomboom there is also the Note that is coming out and that has a 5.3" screen. Many phones, however, offer email and other common features of a computer that are most often used. I think an android device would be nice but you may get just as much out of a cheaper phone, perhaps a Blackberry device, than an android phone. That assuming you wont use the features of android very much.

If you want to explore a smart phone maybe the Note is right for you? simply because of its very large screen.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Are you guys trolling by feeding the troll? Analog cell phone... Wouldn't work anymore

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Are you guys trolling by feeding the troll? Analog cell phone... Wouldn't work anymore

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

At least someone caught the analog remark...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk