Samsung Galaxy Nexus Pops up in Verizon's System

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Arkbird, Oct 13, 2011.

1. creaky

creaky Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    That would suck big time and I would probably pass - looks like the Razr and Vigor have some pretty nice specs too. One of the major appeals of the "Nexus" line is pure android, fast updates and, in this case, ICS. Without those things the "Galaxy Prime" is a good competitor but perhaps not the leader of the pack.

2. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Nexus devices are completely unlocked. You will be able to root this directly out of the box.

3. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    History tells us that every new phone will have bugs. Please, go have this tattooed on the back of your hands :p

4. poooookah78

poooookah78 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I was so set on getting the SGS2, and of course we can't get on on VZW and because I'm grandfathered into the unlimited date (can't wait for 4G!!), I didn't want to switch carriers just for a phone.

Wanted the bionic, but saw the screen and hated it. Also, it was already outdated out of the box, nothing about it was superior to the SGS2 except 4G radio. This is the first device I see that has potential to be even better than the SGS2 and I'm all over it. Not only that, it will probably NOT be loaded ith bloatware and I have a feeling very unlockable.

5. Hooch0903

Hooch0903 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wish I could say that...its 1030, I started at 5, by 9 it was at 20%, I just pulled it off the charger ...it'll be lucky to make it to 1 or 2...and it freezes up every time I use the internet and I get a text or email notification. I'd go back to an older ROM, but it only helps for about 3-4 days before it starts doing it again....phone weekly overheats and reboots if there's any heavy internet useage...
    I came really close to getting a bionic, but after following it almost daily and waiting so long, I figured a little long wouldn't kill me, but its been close!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

6. SANhacker

SANhacker Member

Ratings:
    +7
    :popcorn:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus Prime (aka Droid Prime)
    HTC Vigor
    Droid Bionic

My OG is rocking with Liquid 3.0 and I look forward to choosing one of the above in December.

7. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +504
    My OG doesn't work as well as I think it should. I'm not sure if it's the ROM's, the Kernels, or the Hardware, but I want to go back to a stable device that works well all the time again. I think a new phone will help that to happen again.

8. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Sounds like you could benefit from a SBF back to stock, then re-root.

EDIT: Here, if you're interested.

9. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    When did you last clear dalvic cache?

10. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +504
    You know what, although it's true that smartphones today are advanced pieces of technology, they are still devices engineered by man. At some point they will not work as well as they once did. So, my OG won't last another 2 years. It's inevitable that I will need to get a new phone at some point. Maybe the Bionic is next on the plate, since it's already a penny on Amazon.com. Can I really wait until November or December to get this supposed next generation device? Give me a real date Google so that I can make a decision!

11. matt2783

matt2783 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That Amazon deal is only for new customers signing a 2 year contract. I think it's still $250 for existing costumers resigning.