Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Dissected; Warning: Tech Gore Ahead!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gsm-galaxy-nexus-gutz-ifixit.jpg

This is the GSM version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus from iFixit

The folks at TechRepublic are following in the footsteps of iFixit and fixing things that aren't broken by breaking them first. Luckily for us, they took pictures of all the gory details as they dissected the new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. If you are into seeing the inner workings of your favorite tech gadget, then you won't want to miss it. Interestingly, this is the second time that the Galaxy Nexus has been torn apart, but of course, the previous surgery was the GSM international version of the phone. That operation was handled by the folks at iFixit. Both articles makes for some interesting pics to peruse. If you want to see the full gamut of pics from either version of the G-Nex, just check out the source links below.

vzw-galaxy-nexus-gutz-techrepublic.jpg
This is the VZW version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus from TechRepublic​

Source: TechRepublic and iFixit

acroanidd

Reaction score
The part that makes me wonder, I obviously see this for my own eyes. But, Exynos 4210, is that better than the TI Omap that is in the GSM?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is like the 3rd disassembly I've seen photos of now. Not to imply it's simple design by any stretch, but they appear to be fairly modular with a handful of loose components to assemble. Point being, I look at these disassemblies and am left wondering WHY no one has offered made-to-order like Dell to this point. Must be that the software and some of the hardware is still not diverse enough to support even a few different configurations.

If only the Nexus had an SD slot (so I could get more storage), or 64gig option like the IPhone I think it would be perfect.