Samsung Galaxy Nexus Pops up in Verizon's System

creaky

Reaction score
No world phone and no sd card are bummers but this is still at the top of the heap with the Razr close behind. I hope vzw doesn't pooch this by not making the phone a pure Google experience.....

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Is this part of the Nexus line ? Sounds more like a phone from the Galaxy line , what if this isn't the pure Google Nexus device that will launch with ICS ?

droidshot®

Reaction score
I still use the of Droid 1 and I was waiting on the bionic that Motorola and Verizon was building up to be the phone of al phones. Then they release that pill of crap with all the bugs and things they knew good and well that was wrong with it. I don't care if the razor is the baddest Phone ever, I'll never buy another thing from Motorola! You guys can say what you want and I know it's about making money but you don't crap on the people that you want to make money from!! It's not like they didn't have it long enough to get all that worked out first.So if this galaxy nexus isn't what they say it is then I'll just keep using what I have until one comes out worth having for two years.

jrshelton13

Reaction score
Again, that's the problem with all of the "returned my bionic for the next big thing" threads, there aren't enough "I have a bionic that has zero issues and is still a powerhouse of a phone" thread! Anyway you try to cut it the DB is the first phone that had all of the good features rolled up into one and will last anyone who gets it for the duration of their contract. I'm just not getting the Moto crapped on everyone part, from my personal experience. But everyone has their own likes and dislikes, right?

But I am still intrigued about this phone being released, whenever it finally does. I always do the yearly upgrade anyway and if this phone lives up to all the hype that has been surrounding it, then I don't mind waiting awhile for them to work out all of the inevitable bugs it will have too. Or maybe by then it it will be the Galaxy Nexus 2 or 3 or something!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Neko

Reaction score
How long before were able to root a NEW device like this?

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Hurry up and release the phone, so I can give my girl back the OG Droid. Tired of hearing her complain about the stupid flip phone she has to use. I coulda took the flip but I like surfing the interwebz

DrZenga

Reaction score
Again, that's the problem with all of the "returned my bionic for the next big thing" threads, there aren't enough "I have a bionic that has zero issues and is still a powerhouse of a phone" thread! Anyway you try to cut it the DB is the first phone that had all of the good features rolled up into one and will last anyone who gets it for the duration of their contract. I'm just not getting the Moto crapped on everyone part, from my personal experience. But everyone has their own likes and dislikes, right?

I'm with you there. I love my bionic! Though I still plan on getting the galaxy nexus. I just won't be getting rid of my bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

creaky

Reaction score
Is this part of the Nexus line ? Sounds more like a phone from the Galaxy line , what if this isn't the pure Google Nexus device that will launch with ICS ?

That would suck big time and I would probably pass - looks like the Razr and Vigor have some pretty nice specs too. One of the major appeals of the "Nexus" line is pure android, fast updates and, in this case, ICS. Without those things the "Galaxy Prime" is a good competitor but perhaps not the leader of the pack.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
History tells us that every new phone will have bugs. Please, go have this tattooed on the back of your hands :p

poooookah78

Reaction score
I was so set on getting the SGS2, and of course we can't get on on VZW and because I'm grandfathered into the unlimited date (can't wait for 4G!!), I didn't want to switch carriers just for a phone.

Wanted the bionic, but saw the screen and hated it. Also, it was already outdated out of the box, nothing about it was superior to the SGS2 except 4G radio. This is the first device I see that has potential to be even better than the SGS2 and I'm all over it. Not only that, it will probably NOT be loaded ith bloatware and I have a feeling very unlockable.

Hooch0903

Reaction score
My overclocked, Gingerbreaded OG Droid went from 6:30am-10pm yesterday and still had 50% battery remaining. Gonna miss it!

Wish I could say that...its 1030, I started at 5, by 9 it was at 20%, I just pulled it off the charger ...it'll be lucky to make it to 1 or 2...and it freezes up every time I use the internet and I get a text or email notification. I'd go back to an older ROM, but it only helps for about 3-4 days before it starts doing it again....phone weekly overheats and reboots if there's any heavy internet useage...
I came really close to getting a bionic, but after following it almost daily and waiting so long, I figured a little long wouldn't kill me, but its been close!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

SANhacker

Reaction score
:popcorn:
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus Prime (aka Droid Prime)
HTC Vigor
Droid Bionic

My OG is rocking with Liquid 3.0 and I look forward to choosing one of the above in December.