[Rumor] Nexus Prime Release Coming November 3rd?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is what I know to be 100% true, everyday my D1 looks at me with sad eyes because it knows it's days are numbered. It knows it's served me very well, it's gone above and beyond what I asked of it. Holds a very sentimental piece of the area of my heart dedicated to technology. But I feel it telling me that it's finally ok to move on and it specifically it pushing me to this phone but only if it has the easy hackability (is that a word?) that it itself had.

I call it "it" because this phone is clearly a machine and has no gender.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Here is what I know to be 100% true, everyday my D1 looks at me with sad eyes because it knows it's days are numbered. It knows it's served me very well, it's gone above and beyond what I asked of it. Holds a very sentimental piece of the area of my heart dedicated to technology. But I feel it telling me that it's finally ok to move on and it specifically it pushing me to this phone but only if it has the easy hackability (is that a word?) that it itself had.

I call it "it" because this phone is clearly a machine and has no gender.

I feel the same. I recently spilled beer all over the top and it only said thanks for the drink. Still functions and plods right along delivering my work email and notifications.. I will miss mine too.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no idea honestly. Wouldn't locking the bootloader defeat the whole purpose of the Nexus phone? These are supposed to be Dev phones right? Then again I suppose bloat may in some opinions too.

Right, I understand that too and hope that's the case. I'm just not going to be mad if its not, as long as its unlocked. For me the unlocked phone is more important then any bloat that could be on it.
Good point

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google will not let a Nexus launch with bloat on it. At most they may go the way of Sprint that had a few apps on theirs, but they were uninstallable without root. There are reliable sources of information that have system dumps and are advising that it does not come bloated. I believe them.
Thats what i like 2 hear.The bionic ia loaded with bloat,i think i counted 7-8 (IMO)useless apps.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which is why some people think that VZW will be getting the Droid Prime and everyone else will be getting the Galaxy Nexus... almost the same phone with just different "features"
When u say different "features",im guessin ur talkin processers-vzw,TI-all other carriers-EXYNOS?I say this,cos I read the EXYONS doesnt play well with VZW 4G.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ugh....I swear if this phone comes bloated with verizons crapware or if its not a pure android phone. I'm just going to get the new iPhone.

I'm sick of Verizon not listening to the consumer and forcing their crap on people.

This is the last phone I actually wait on. Way to many phones end up being garbage.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Of course we ALL feel ur pain-no need 2 go n 2 detale,Ooooh!!!,what the heck-BIONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus, there has been no official announcement of the phone even existing, so there technically have been zero delays of anything. I mean yes it's safe to assume today would have been the announcement based on the promo but we don't know that with 100% certainty. So as far as we know, this phone may not even exist.....
Vzw's Cellbrite

ABQNM

Reaction score
Because it just doesn't seem believable. People don't do that these days. Companies don't do that these days. I was skeptical from the moment I heard about the delay. I can't help that, past life experiences have taught me to be skeptical of everything that doesn't make sense. And to be honest, this delay makes no sense. Unless you're on the inside, you have no idea if they're statement has any truth to it.

Now go ahead, issue me a moral citation ;)

I respect your POV and understand the skepticism. That said, I feel that it is genuine. Imagine the PR nightmare if it were discovered (not rumored) to be true that you postponed your launch and blamed it on the death of another person. I just don't see Google doing that, especially with how close Google and Apple are despite being mobile enemies.

I also want to say that I believe that Google would not postpone for patent reasons. Google would be one of those to launch it and deal with it in court if needed versus delaying the most highly anticipated release in 2 years because of possible patent litigation. Just doesn't seem like their strategy. Look at Google Music Beta. They told the recording industry to shove it when they launched it without their approval because they are not doing anything wrong. Google is like Amazon in the sense that they will launch now and let the legal department sort out the rest later.

tc1

Reaction score
Yup, if you wanna protest, protest with your wallet. Kinda of silly to say, "Screw you Verizon!!! I'm sick of your pathetic bloated phones. Now here's $200, give me an iPhone please."

It's actually a gripe against Google, not verizon,they need to grow a pair and tell Verizon to keep their hands off of their flagship device just as apple did.

ABQNM

Reaction score
It's actually a gripe against Google, not verizon,they need to grow a pair and tell Verizon to keep their hands off of their flagship device just as apple did.

I still say that is exactly what happened. I am sure Verizon conceded to Google on the no bloat thing in order to get it. They need to be keeping up with the first to release a new major release title they hold already. First to 2.0. First to 3.0. Now first to 4.0. Verizon won't miss that chance just so that they can release it with bloat on it. This is a Nexus device. It is not meant to appeal to mass-market consumers who just want to take it out of the box and go with it. This is for all of us in the community.

And to those that said this would be Verizon's first pure Google Experience device, I would say that would be the OG Droid. It, in my opinion, gave birth to the first Nexus device.

sb1831

Reaction score
LOL @ people thinking Verizon needs to cave to any demands Google makes. There are too many other Android phones on the market. Google isn't going to buy the devices a manufacturer makes if VZW doesn't want them. VZW has market share and besides the iPhone they don't need any one handset.

Do I hope this device comes to VZW unlocked and bloat free to pacify those whining? Yes? Do I think that VZW would ever let either of those happen if it were to adversely effect their network and service? Absolutely not.