[Rumor] Nexus Prime Release Coming November 3rd?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
prime.png

The amount of rumors surrounding the Nexus Prime is becoming unbearable, but hopefully this one is one of the correct ones. The latest rumor on the "first pure Google phone for Verizon" is that the device will be launching this November 3rd. This rumor comes from a tipster that told Phandroid of the date, and that it will be announced later this month before-hand.

The idea I’m getting from official testers is that the screen and user experience is much better in the Nexus device, and the overall advantage is the presence of Ice Cream Sandwich (I’ve personally noted this to be true). But I’ve also been told by those who have tested it that the RAZR is very fast, smooth, and has a great battery life. The screen, although not quite up to Nexus, is a big improvement over the Bionic for those who didn’t like it. Verizon is very, very excited for both devices. I don’t get the feeling they’re “siding” with one over the other, but I can tell you that they never had a lot of confidence in the Bionic having a lot of staying power. Their decision to release the Bionic as is was more of a contractual obligation than a real belief in the product. They are much more invested in the RAZR.

There you go folks, how does this sound to you?
Via: Phandroid

Last edited by a moderator:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
just like a member on here said. "they only released the BIONIC because people kept asking for it". i think they are more into the RAZR noting that they went ahead and bought some domains.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
just like a member on here said. "they only released the BIONIC because people kept asking for it". i think they are more into the RAZR noting that they went ahead and bought some domains.
I must say,i totally agree with u.Ill go as far as 2 say say,if the bionic wasnt built by moto,it would not have sold as well as it did.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So,when google and samsung postponed the announcment,we the people got all upset 4 nothin,cos thats the date BMX said wks ago,so as phil stated a couple a days ago-Take a deep breath and relax,we r still on point.:icon_ banana:

illmatic636

Reaction score
All I can speculate about that is the Nexus Prime will get direct software updates from Google and the Droid Prime will get it from Verizion. Unless there is a hardware difference. One may have touchwiz and one maybe be vanilla too

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Some one told me that the Verizon Version will have Bloatware on it. I hope it is not true. But take it with a grain of salt.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Some one told me that the Verizon Version will have Bloatware on it. I hope it is not true. But take it with a grain of salt.
How many phones have you seen in recent years that Don't have at least some bloatware!?? Root easily fixes that kind of crap. I'm more interested in the phone living up the the hype and not falling short like the Bionic did with a lot of people.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I'm just speculating. But I won't put it buy them. Someone has to pay for the Lucas trademark. It just gets passed on to the consumer somehow. Fingers crossed for a pure version.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
How many phones have you seen in recent years that Don't have at least some bloatware!?? Root easily fixes that kind of crap. I'm more interested in the phone living up the the hype and not falling short like the Bionic did with a lot of people.

Nexus phones are not suppose to have Bloatware. I just want Pure Google Ice cream with No Bloatware!!!

GrillMouster

Reaction score
A "pure Google phone" would have the native wifi tether function available. I doubt Verizon will allow this. They'll hijack it force users to pay them for tethering.

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I can speculate about that is the Nexus Prime will get direct software updates from Google and the Droid Prime will get it from Verizion. Unless there is a hardware difference. One may have touchwiz and one maybe be vanilla too
Some1 said verizon would find a way 2 mess this all up.Well,we'll just have 2 wait and c. c.