[Rumor] Nexus Prime Release Coming November 3rd?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can see where he is coming from. Samsung is loosing the battle and could have an injunction soon banning the nexus/prime from even hitting the shelves. Seems like the legal aspect would have more to do with determining a launch date but I am sure there is some sincerity in the announcement of honoring Jobs. I would just bet it's only a portion and not the entire story.

Maybe, but an update to that article has like a Sr. VP of sales at Samsung saying no delays and the phone will be on shelves sooner than we think.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The delayed announcement has the rumor mill going a mile a minute, that's all this is, IMO.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm actually rather saddened to see so many that would rather believe that there is some other reason for the delay in announcement than Jobs death. That there are so many in the community that are that jaded. This is all despite the fact that the Jobs excuse is VERY possible considering the number of people that once worked for Apple.

But God forbid it actually be something like that. It's much better to sit back and take the low road and make this yet another negative about Apple. Amazing, simply amazing.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I'm actually rather saddened to see so many that would rather believe that there is some other reason for the delay in announcement than Jobs death. That there are so many in the community that are that jaded. This is all despite the fact that the Jobs excuse is VERY possible considering the number of people that once worked for Apple.

But God forbid it actually be something like that. It's much better to sit back and take the low road and make this yet another negative about Apple. Amazing, simply amazing.

Because it just doesn't seem believable. People don't do that these days. Companies don't do that these days. I was skeptical from the moment I heard about the delay. I can't help that, past life experiences have taught me to be skeptical of everything that doesn't make sense. And to be honest, this delay makes no sense. Unless you're on the inside, you have no idea if they're statement has any truth to it.

Now go ahead, issue me a moral citation ;)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The delay was only about an announcement. Had absolutely nothing to do with the release date of the phone itself. Nothing. Never was even stated that was why.

But if you can't see the reason why they might do this, then there's nothing I can say.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
The delay was only about an announcement. Had absolutely nothing to do with the release date of the phone itself. Nothing. Never was even stated that was why.

But if you can't see the reason why they might do this, then there's nothing I can say.

Amen brother.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Had absolutely nothing to do with the release date of the phone itself.

There's no way you can say that, when the phone hasn't even been officially announced yet. The only ones making these official 'unofficial' announcements are forums and blog sites.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus, there has been no official announcement of the phone even existing, so there technically have been zero delays of anything. I mean yes it's safe to assume today would have been the announcement based on the promo but we don't know that with 100% certainty. So as far as we know, this phone may not even exist.....

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe the delay had only to do with paying a little respect to Jobs and Apple. People love to speculate when something is unknown, it's how all conspiracy theories start....

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
All things I've heard and seen indicate that the November 3rd day is going to happen. There has been no mention of hardware hold ups for tweaking, patents or anything else. That's from articles across the web and actual people that have a deeper line of information as to what is actually going on. Could it get held up last minute? Sure. But I don't think it will happen. The only thing I really want to know is bloat or no bloat and locked or unlocked. That will be the biggest information coming up, I believe.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Oh I see, so I can't say that or know that, but apparently you can. Gotcha. Glad you set me straight.

Well no, you can say or know whatever you want. But there's no need to get upset with everybody else simply because they're a little skeptical.