[Rumor] Nexus Prime Release Coming November 3rd?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I must say,i totally agree with u.Ill go as far as 2 say say,if the bionic wasnt built by moto,it would not have sold as well as it did.

Did the bionic really do that well? I doubt it had any appreciable number of sales

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

loki993

Reaction score
I'm just speculating. But I won't put it buy them. Someone has to pay for the Lucas trademark. It just gets passed on to the consumer somehow. Fingers crossed for a pure version.

Nexus phones are not suppose to have Bloatware. I just want Pure Google Ice cream with No Bloatware!!!

I do understand the want for no bloatware, but this is a Nexus Dev phone which should have an unlocked bootloader. So I don't really understand the worry or complaining about it. If it comes with bloatware who really cares. Root it, which where all gonna do anyway, and flash stock andriod on it or one of the many many ROMS that will inevitably be available for it and problem solved.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Did the bionic really do that well? I doubt it had any appreciable number of sales

Haven't heard anything, but it's got to be doing pretty well, right? All the expansion of LTE and it's the first pretty beastly (despite what people on this forum say) dual-core LTE phone on VZW. Pretty decent promotion, too. It's not like the masses know about the upcoming phones that will put the Bionic to shame. There had to be a good number of people waiting for it, because the Bionic was all over phone threads I read on various non-tech forums.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
A "pure Google [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR]" would have the native wifi tether function available. I doubt Verizon will allow this. They'll hijack it force users to pay them for tethering.

Is this actually true? Are the other nexus devices allowed carrier approved tethering for free while other phones are not just because its a nexus device? I don't think so but not sure. Tethering has always been "where your carrier allows". Google can't force a carrier to change their tethering policies.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything, but it's got to be doing pretty well, right? All the expansion of LTE and it's the first pretty beastly (despite what people on this forum say) dual-core LTE phone on VZW. Pretty decent promotion, too. It's not like the masses know about the upcoming phones that will put the Bionic to shame. There had to be a good number of people waiting for it, because the Bionic was all over phone threads I read on various non-tech forums.

I feel like the way android is, its so hard to gauge what is considered "successful" with these phones. Tons of ppl were seemingly waiting for it but I don't know that many bought it with the delay and the fact that there are far "better" phones (spec wise) in the pipeline. Plus all the bugs.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do understand the want for no bloatware, but this is a Nexus Dev phone which should have an unlocked bootloader. So I don't really understand the worry or complaining about it. If it comes with bloatware who really cares. Root it, which where all gonna do anyway, and flash stock andriod on it or one of the many many ROMS that will inevitably be available for it and problem solved.

What is the possibility that a device has a locked boot on some (or one) carriers but not others?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I don't believe that the other carriers allow free tethering on their Nexus devices. Therefore, even the Nexus phones, which are supposed to be "pure Google phones", aren't really "pure", because the carriers disable capabilities that are natively built into Android. I don't think Verizon will force Nexus owners to pay for a tethering plan like they force owners to have a data plan. However, if you choose to use the tethering function, then they'll try to make you pay for their tethering plan.

I'm at the point where I'm tired of rooting and flashing ROMs. I'm considering just paying the $30 for tethering, since I'll get unlimited tethering (grandfathered in).

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt say we're complaining,we're just sayin,look @ the nexus s-bloat free,vanilla-and since this is a nexus phone,it should b as u said unlocked and bloat free-thats 1 of the many reasons we(u ,me and everybody else) want a nexus device.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that the other carriers allow free tethering on their Nexus devices. Therefore, even the Nexus phones, which are supposed to be "pure Google phones", aren't really "pure", because the carriers disable capabilities that are natively built into Android. I don't think Verizon will force Nexus owners to pay for a tethering plan like they force owners to have a data plan. However, if you choose to use the tethering function, then they'll try to make you pay for their tethering plan.

I'm at the point where I'm tired of rooting and flashing ROMs. I'm considering just paying the $30 for tethering, since I'll get unlimited tethering (grandfathered in).
I dont no how 2 root and flash ROMs,so thats y i perfer no bloat.

ABQNM

Reaction score

Google never designed nor released the tethering function as a way to bypass carrier plans. The capability was simply to allow tethering over wifi. It was and still is up to the carrier to determine the policy on tethering. If you use it on a carrier that has free tethering, then you would get free tethering. Otherwise, they can send you to the landing page if you don't have a plan. That can be done without any modification to the software on the phone. They just see that you are using the DUN APN and it re-directs server side. The carriers are not disabling capabilities natively built into Android when they send you to the landing page to sign up.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google never designed nor released the tethering function as a way to bypass carrier plans. The capability was simply to allow tethering over wifi. It was and still is up to the carrier to determine the policy on tethering. If you use it on a carrier that has free tethering, then you would get free tethering. Otherwise, they can send you to the landing page if you don't have a plan. That can be done without any modification to the software on the phone. They just see that you are using the DUN APN and it re-directs server side. The carriers are not disabling capabilities natively built into Android when they send you to the landing page to sign up.

Yep this is what I figured

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I feel like the way android is, its so hard to gauge what is considered "successful" with these phones. Tons of ppl were seemingly waiting for it but I don't know that many bought it with the delay and the fact that there are far "better" phones (spec wise) in the pipeline. Plus all the bugs.

Like others have said, most people have no idea of any phone rumors. They see the ads for a "Droid" phone and it's dual core & 4G so they get it. And the timing of it had most early D1 owners right at upgrade time. I've been to a bunch of other forums and all of the Bionic sections are busy. I would like to know phone model sales numbers, does that get published anywhere I wonder?