[Rumor] HTC Droid DNA Phablet Tipped for December Release (440PPI 1920x1080 Display)

kparks

Reaction score
xeene said:
it feels durable because it's a heavy brick. i've had tb with extended battery(the only way to have a tb) and you could kill a small crowd of people with it if thrown from high rise building.

Lmfao that was funny and true. I used the kickstand when I would text I'd put it out and rest my finger under it ;) like a Boss!

geoff5093

Reaction score
it feels durable because it's a heavy brick. i've had tb with extended battery(the only way to have a tb) and you could kill a small crowd of people with it if thrown from high rise building.
So true, haha

tommyz

Reaction score
I already got 6 people including myself that's going to pick this phone up.. Is verizon still letting u keep unlimited data if u pay full retail? Me and my buddy plan on doing that! HTC should give me a discount lol

Go to an official Verizon store and you will have no problem. They are more than happy to activate the phone and keep the unlimited data. I bought my Razr HD Maxx via third party (wirefly) and Verizon activated it with no problem.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
tommyz said:
Go to an official Verizon store and you will have no problem. They are more than happy to activate the phone and keep the unlimited data. I bought my Razr HD Maxx via third party (wirefly) and Verizon activated it with no problem.
How much was it?

MIUI tested, mother approved.

sooperhooper

Reaction score
let Tipped for December Release (440PPI 1920x1080 Display)

Any word if this will have an hdmi port?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

kparks

Reaction score
sooperhooper said:
Any word if this will have an hdmi port?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I doubt it not many htc phones have a hdmi they support dlna tho. And a hdmi out is not a feature used alot

Sherry

Reaction score
Wanting to upgrade, my Tbolt is getting old but I still love it. Had been looking at the GS3 but living in the Great Smoky Mountains has unique signal challenges that my Tbolt handles well but am seeing that the GS3 may be weak on. Thanks for all the info on this new one, will watch it to see how it pans out.

sooperhooper

Reaction score
I'm still rocking with the Tbolt, and like many others, I'm ready to move up. I have one concern, however: once I upgrade would I be forced to surrender my unlimited data? Similarly, my mom (who is not on my line) is not interested in getting a new phone. I was considering buying the phone with her upgrade and placing it on my line. Ive heard that the only way I could do this would be to use the add a line feature for 10 bux a month. I would much rather have the dna as the only device, but I dont want to receive a message from vzw to the effect of "new phone, huh? Oops, unlimited data go bye bye!"

Cliffnotes: if I use someone's upgrade, would that serve the same function as buying the phone at full price?

tommyz

Reaction score
I doubt it not many htc phones have a hdmi they support dlna tho. And a hdmi out is not a feature used alot

I beg to differ on the HDMI port. Since getting the Maxx HD, I use it on a regular basis. It's pretty amazing how good a HD video from YouTube or how much better it is to play a game on a HDTV.

kparks

Reaction score
tommyz said:
I beg to differ on the HDMI port. Since getting the Maxx HD, I use it on a regular basis. It's pretty amazing how good a HD video from YouTube or how much better it is to play a game on a HDTV.

Just because u use it does not make it important it might be important for u but ur in a minority.. Many people never use there's and rarely do people even complain about a phone not having it

tommyz

Reaction score
Just because u use it does not make it important it might be important for u but ur in a minority.. Many people never use there's and rarely do people even complain about a phone not having it

I think HDMI is one of those things that you get in a phone and start to use it. You get hooked and would miss it if your next phone didn't have it.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I'm still rocking with the Tbolt, and like many others, I'm ready to move up. I have one concern, however: once I upgrade would I be forced to surrender my unlimited data? Similarly, my mom (who is not on my line) is not interested in getting a new phone. I was considering buying the phone with her upgrade and placing it on my line. Ive heard that the only way I could do this would be to use the add a line feature for 10 bux a month. I would much rather have the dna as the only device, but I dont want to receive a message from vzw to the effect of "new phone, huh? Oops, unlimited data go bye bye!"

Cliffnotes: if I use someone's upgrade, would that serve the same function as buying the phone at full price?
You could add a line to your plan a month but you would have to nto only pay the $10 a month for the line but also a tiered data plan for an individual on it since it woudl be a smartphone. So your looking at an additional $40 a month right there with phone and data then you need to add on additional taxes and fees. Figure in one year you have now spent $600 for that extra line then what do you do the next time you want a phone???

If your data usage is high like mine then just buy the phone outright to keep your unlimited and sell your current phone though doubt you woudl get anything for a Tbolt now...

If your data usage is lower then say 8GB a month then it might be fine and worth it for you to make the switch and get the subsidized phone...

The benefit of buying on outright is that you are not locked into a contract and can leave whenever and most likely sell the newer phone for a good chunk to put towards the next one when it comes about.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
About HDMI out...

If not too many ppl use it.....not to many ppl use MHL then. Both are used to connect to an HDTV. I dont know how we can even determine if that feature is used by a minority or a majority. Are there stats on hdmi cord sales for phones? Some Moto phones had bundles that included it. I'm pretty sure ppl that got it in a bundle used it if they could.

HTC and Samsung phones use MHL, unless thats changed. IMO thats better cuz its used by the micro USB port. Just need an adapter. Just did some more reading up on it ....MHL has it pluses and minuses... I still like that it uses the micro USB port tho.