HTC Joins the 'Phablet' Fray with the HTC J Butterfly; 5-Inch, Quad-Core S4, 2GB Ram

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola is known for industrial design with sub par cameras, sammy is known for innovation with plastic feel, and htc is known for awesome phones with small batteries.
Motorola is also known for pentile displays, waiting too long to innovate, and flooding the market with phones.

How long did we wait for a Droid with a slide out keyboard and a 4"+ screen?

On another note (pun intended), I think the battery specs are not correct.

edit: Nevermind, it is correct per the HTC website. That's crazy for such a large display.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC needs to go back to user replaceable batteries, if they did this to this phone, with that gorgeous 1080p screen, with the rest of those specs it will sell like HOT CAKES:icon_ devil:, and why only Japan, this device should launch on every carrier WORLDWIDE, with a BIG promotional push, only way HTC can get back in the game, their marketing again makes you scratch your head.

champaned_out

Reaction score
HTC never learns do they... 2000mAh for that massive screen ?.. and they wonder why there phones won't sell... Cause potential repeat customers all know you need to either carry another spare battery or buy a extended one...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
HTC never learns do they... 2000mAh for that massive screen ?.. and they wonder why there phones won't sell... Cause potential repeat customers all know you need to either carry another spare battery or buy a extended one...

An extended battery on such a large device would be even more awkward than it already is. That's a deal breaker for me. Samsung got it right with the note 2, as I've seen a couple reviews saying its battery last pretty much all day. 2000mAh isn't even enough for a 4in phone.

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Motorola is known for industrial design with sub par cameras, sammy is known for innovation with plastic feel, and htc is known for awesome phones with small batteries.

This is the best summary of the android market I have ever heard. Now where does apple come in at? :p

ive never had an HTC phone. Sammy was always my next choice but I like the look of this one. Is the beat audio as good as Ive read about?

B

From what I have heard Beat's Audio is just marketing ploy. I tried some Beat's Audio headphones in store recently. The headphones were $200 and sounded GREAT....the $50 Sony's right next to them sounded every bit as good. Both sounded alot more richer then the Bose headphones I tried. All of them were either over the ear or on the ear style.

Motorola is also known for pentile displays, waiting too long to innovate, and flooding the market with phones.

On another note (pun intended), I think the battery specs are not correct.

edit: Nevermind, it is correct per the HTC website. That's crazy for such a large display.

Waiting to innovate can be a good things at times. It ensures quality devices. Also, Moto stop flooding the market awhile ago, and I bet all the device makers are baout to flood the market given this is coming up on the holiday season.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
An extended battery on such a large device would be even more awkward than it already is. That's a deal breaker for me. Samsung got it right with the note 2, as I've seen a couple reviews saying its battery last pretty much all day. 2000mAh isn't even enough for a 4in phone.

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.

I have a 2100 may extended battery in my nexus. If I limited my use to light I may inch through a day. I have gotten 14 hrs out of my nexus with 80% being in idle. Motorola started it with the maxx and you are seeing sammy do it with the note 2. But in this day and age being we are coming up on year 3 of lte OEMS have to put at least a 2500 mah battery in the phone. 2200 on that size screen is a joke. But then again we quietly were thinking "please HTC don't screw this up by putting a small battery in it like you have for your other phones". As far as battery life for VZW Motorola with the RAZR maxx HD (and maxx) is #1, followed by probably the note 2, RAZR HD, RAZR m, sg3 , with HTC dlx being last.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now I'm getting worried....I hope Motorola doesnt do quad core, 2GB ram....and 5" screen...

Disagree on some things:

Samsung is known for Pentile screens, Moto just happens to use them too. The HTC Incredible and Galaxy S 1 went thru the Pentile hate in 2010. Samsung still uses screens with Pentile to this day.
Waiting too long to innovate.... Webtop, the Laptop dock and the Atrix as a whole was ahead of the game when it launched.
Flooding the market with phones...that honor goes to Samsung. Samsung has released more phones across the 4 major carriers than Moto and HTC. Moto doesnt really do the low end phones anymore. HTC and Samsung do.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do not mind carrying another battery, or even getting an extended, the problem with all the newer HTC smartphones is that you CAN NOT remove the battery, it is a closed system, so you are stuck with what is inside the device.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Yeah, funny how this mimics last year so much. HTC with a sucky battery & moto with a sucky camera. Sammy had a so so camera last year, so at least they seem to have stepped up their game. Plus they have quite a few cool innovations with the g3 and note 2.

Makes you wonder who at Samsung reads the android forums & listens.

Hey boneheads from moto & HTC. Hear me now & believe me later. Read the forums or u no get my $$$$$.

music life

Reaction score
My GS3 still looking like the right choice. LG might be making me wonder but I still think Sammy hit the nail on the head with the S3

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
From what I have heard Beat's Audio is just marketing ploy. I tried some Beat's Audio headphones in store recently. The headphones were $200 and sounded GREAT....the $50 Sony's right next to them sounded every bit as good. Both sounded alot more richer then the Bose headphones I tried. All of them were either over the ear or on the ear style.

I have heard arguments both ways that it is a marketing ploy and it is not. And in Bose's defense they should never have tried to make headphones. Their headphones are junk compared to what is out there for the money, they need to stick to car speakers and especially home theater speakers, no one can compete with them there.

B

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
My GS3 still looking like the right choice. LG might be making me wonder but I still think Sammy hit the nail on the head with the S3

The Galaxy S3 is a BEAUTIFUL phone. When I see them while I'm on the train, it's like looking at a gorgeous glimmering pebble in the stream of life.

wardo

Reaction score
HTC Joins the Phablet' Fray with the HTC J Butterfly; 5-Inch, Quad-Core S4, 2GB Ram

Well the anticipation is over. This battery just sealed the deal for me and HTC. Done and done.
tap a talka thingy