[Rumor] HTC Droid DNA Phablet Tipped for December Release (440PPI 1920x1080 Display)

wvdroidman

Reaction score
HTC should have at least came out and said it's been delayed and why it was delayed or just told us it's been cancelled. They should at least fix the problems with the current gingerbread if they're not going to upgrade the thunderbolt to ics.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC should have at least came out and said it's been delayed and why it was delayed or just told us it's been cancelled. They should at least fix the problems with the current gingerbread if they're not going to upgrade the thunderbolt to ics.

This I agree with. Some ppl dont consider maintenance updates an update, support. I do. Moto has been good in this dept for the most part.

S

shooting

droid-dna-leak.jpeg

It looks like there is some fairly solid intel that the HTC Droid DNA 5-inch phablet will be coming to Verizon in early December. According to the same source of this info, the new phone will have the highest resolution display on earth. It will supposedly sport a full HD Super LCD 3 display with an eye-popping 1920×1080 and 440PPI!!! Additional scuttlebutt suggests that the innards of this device are likely to be the same as the HTC J Butterfly launched in Japan. Here's a recap for those who missed it:
  • Qualcomm S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 8MP camera
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • SLCD3 1080p 440ppi display
  • NFC
  • 2,020mAh battery [Edit: We have several reports that the battery for this version will actually be a 2500mAh.]
  • 9.1mm thin
  • 4G LTE
They just keep pushing those pixels further and further. One day we will wake up and our smartphone's display will look better than reality!

Source: SlashGear
I have seen more leaked details about the HTC Droid DNA here

wvdroidman

Reaction score
wasn't november 13th pushed back? Also will it launch with jellybean and will it support key lime pie or whatever is next?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
wasn't november 13th pushed back? Also will it launch with jellybean and will it support key lime pie or whatever is next?

The press release is tomorrow, projected release date (rumor) is Dec. 4. Verizon will take months to have jellybean ready for it. I'll be at verizon launch day. Woohoo.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what is the 19th then? They keep saying a major unboxing event on the 19th

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
what is the 19th then? They keep saying a major unboxing event on the 19th

The nineteenth is the unboxing, cnet and others will get a phone prior to launch day for reviews.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Dec. 4th (rumor). I'd like to see it come out black Friday though.

kparks

Reaction score
Wow apparently the battery is in fact 2020mha WTF WERE THEY THINKING

Tonik

Reaction score
Wow apparently the battery is in fact 2020mha WTF WHERE THEY THINKING

Guessing the same guy that was in charge of battery size was in charge of not putting an SD slot in it. 16 GB and no slot? Shame, the rest of the specs are pretty darn impressive.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I just realized that there was no mention to a 32GB size. This is totally off the plate. How does HTC expect one to live with such a large device that is supposed to drive multimedia and not include a larger battery to power the screen OR an sd card slot to take movies and such with you.

As a commuter I really want a larger phone so as to avoid carrying a tablet as well and this screen and processor were wowing me. I was even able to overlook the horror stories from the thunderbolt (I am a motorola guy and am able to act as if the Bionic never happened....) but the battery and no sd slot just shows how out of touch HTC is with this "flagship"....

Signing a licensing agreement with Apple does not mean you need to follow their design and have no sd and non removeable battery....