[Rumor] HTC Droid DNA Phablet Tipped for December Release (440PPI 1920x1080 Display)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-dna-leak.jpeg

It looks like there is some fairly solid intel that the HTC Droid DNA 5-inch phablet will be coming to Verizon in early December. According to the same source of this info, the new phone will have the highest resolution display on earth. It will supposedly sport a full HD Super LCD 3 display with an eye-popping 1920×1080 and 440PPI!!! Additional scuttlebutt suggests that the innards of this device are likely to be the same as the HTC J Butterfly launched in Japan. Here's a recap for those who missed it:
  • Qualcomm S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 8MP camera
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • SLCD3 1080p 440ppi display
  • NFC
  • 2,020mAh battery [Edit: We have several reports that the battery for this version will actually be a 2500mAh.]
  • 9.1mm thin
  • 4G LTE
They just keep pushing those pixels further and further. One day we will wake up and our smartphone's display will look better than reality!

Source: SlashGear

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
quit doing this .. Just when i think that i have decided on the Note .. whats another month?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Insane. Wonder if I could a near even trade for one with my HD lol

bluefire7002

Reaction score
This phone looks awesome. Really been thinking of giving up my nexus lately, too bad the nexus 4 wont come to Verizon. This has potential but im just so tired of always having to charge my phone. This giant screen + 4G lte + tiny battery doesnt seem like it will solve my issues.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice phone, but HTC again late to the game, and again an undersized battery. Why the small battery beats me, I have always been an HTC fan, since my first Android was the Incredible "fantastic smartphone, actually still beign used by myt Brother", then I had and still have the Rezound, another fantastic phone, but I now roll with the S3, got it since it would have been my last subsidized upgrade with Verizon and still able to keep my unlimited data "only reason I got the S3", which is a sweet phone in it's own right, but build quality goes to HTC, when will this company actually wake up and smell the coffee. And another thing, what's with that HUGE Verizon logo at the top of the phone, and the DNA name, they need a flagship device with a name people can associate with down the road, like Samsung and it's Galaxy S line of phones. They went from the Incredible to the Incredible 2 then Rezound, now DNA, seriously, stick to one name.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
To beat the horse a little harder, if that's all the battery it comes with, unless it's running some kind of crazy alien technology it's a no go off the bat. It would be a shame to say the least if that's the case.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
1920×1080 and 440PPI.....Now lets see if this gets as much hype as the Retina Display...

But...I can not get into these 5" phones....its wild cuz once upon a time my Droid X1 was considered a phablet....lol. Someone said they thought it was a Kindle.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
pass. Nice phone but not at the expense of having to keep it tethered to a power cord. I would rather take the note 2 or maxx hd with better battery life.

2001400ex

Reaction score
The Japan version had this small battery. The US version is supposed to have 2500 mah battery.

tommyz

Reaction score
Too bad it's HTC... The Thunderbolt ruined HTC for me. Nice specs!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Pass for me...Note 2 all the way :)...

The HTC phone specs are nice but as mentioned - smaller battery than the Note 2, no external SD card (unless that has changed) and smaller screen...

kparks

Reaction score
smalltowngirl13 said:
Pass for me...Note 2 all the way :)...

The HTC phone specs are nice but as mentioned - smaller battery than the Note 2, no external SD card (unless that has changed) and smaller screen...

Where u guys getting this info? everything I have heard other than one typo in a single article about a 2020mha says the dna will have a 2500mha and expandable memory I've been following this phone for months!