[Rumor] HTC Droid DNA Phablet Tipped for December Release (440PPI 1920x1080 Display)

Sherry

Reaction score
Yesterday my 14 year old (muchly misguided grandson) got in the mail a iPhone 5 he saved for and bought. He is on my Verizon plan, which is currently unlimited. My daughter has a GS3 and I have the Tbolt. She had upgraded well after the tiered program was put in place but was told as long as I did not upgrade my phone it would stay that way. When my grandson activated his phone he was immediately put into the Tiered plan even though he was part of my plan. He got 2G and as soon as he activated his phone it downloaded enough data that it used more than 50% of his prorated data for the remaining billing period (5 days)which was only MBs left. I called Verizon and was told that is the way it works, just because he was on my plan didn't mean anything, he still would be charged $30 for 2G of data on the Tiered plan. He was great worked with me and helped me with an option to cover him for the remaining few days. Long story short, doesn't mater if the "mother" phone of the plan is upgraded, if you change out a phone with an subsidized upgrade from Verizon, you will be automatically put on the Tiered plan. So that being said, I had looked at buying a full price phone to maintain the data but now need to go onto the tiered plan because for the 4 of us it will ultimately be cheaper (and monitor the #@$$ out of my grandson). So, hurry up DNA Phablet, it is either going to be you or the GS3....

kparks

Reaction score
Sherry said:
Yesterday my 14 year old (muchly misguided grandson) got in the mail a iPhone 5 he saved for and bought. He is on my Verizon plan, which is currently unlimited. My daughter has a GS3 and I have the Tbolt. She had upgraded well after the tiered program was put in place but was told as long as I did not upgrade my phone it would stay that way. When my grandson activated his phone he was immediately put into the Tiered plan even though he was part of my plan. He got 2G and as soon as he activated his phone it downloaded enough data that it used more than 50% of his prorated data for the remaining billing period (5 days)which was only MBs left. I called Verizon and was told that is the way it works, just because he was on my plan didn't mean anything, he still would be charged $30 for 2G of data on the Tiered plan. He was great worked with me and helped me with an option to cover him for the remaining few days. Long story short, doesn't mater if the "mother" phone of the plan is upgraded, if you change out a phone with an subsidized upgrade from Verizon, you will be automatically put on the Tiered plan. So that being said, I had looked at buying a full price phone to maintain the data but now need to go onto the tiered plan because for the 4 of us it will ultimately be cheaper (and monitor the #@$$ out of my grandson). So, hurry up DNA Phablet, it is either going to be you or the GS3....

Should of did more research that's how it's always been... I'll be buying full retail so I can keep my unlimited data and if they try to take it I'll take my 280$ to sum1 else cus I use 15-20gb

Psykho

Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
what is the rumored price for the phone?

I've read that they might be two prices $199 for 16gb and $249 for 32gb but knowing Verizon it will be $299 for a 16gb and no 32gb at all...

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what is the difference between this, the maxx hd and razr hd? My upgrade is the 19th that is why I was asking.

Psykho

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
Screen size, battery size, resolution, ease of unlocking/modding

Don't forget Quad-Core S4 Pro...

kparks

Reaction score
Tonik said:
How is HTC's track record on updates?

Pretty good depending on the carrier they update ALOT of phones and older models but the time frame could be short or long vzw slows alot up but I think there pretty on point.

kparks

Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
what is the difference between this, the maxx hd and razr hd? My upgrade is the 19th that is why I was asking.

Pretty much the HTC DNA beats the Motorola in every category cpu, gpu the screen on this phone will be amazing the screen size and this phone will have pretty decent battery and a better camera they doth have really good radios... If ur a extremely heavy user and are never by a charger go with the Maxx. And the maxx screen is really only like 4.3 when u account for the on screen keys unless ur watching a movie of course I'd recommend the DNA

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I really don't want to fork out alot of money for this phone though. Plus HTC kinda turned me off with their games with my thunderbolt. It seems like they quit supporting the phone already. They keep telling us the ICS is coming for it and nothing. Now they even quit talking about ICS for the thunderbolt. Plus they haven't fixed the software crashing issue yet. My software crashes at the most inoppurtune times.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ask the THUNDERBOLT owners like me. The record on updates stinks.

And this is why everyone's personal experience dictates how they feel about a subject. Its natural tho. Historically.....I would say HTC's track record with updates is near the top vs everybody's else. Moto and Samsung used to be near the bottom, I think Samsung has gotten better. Moto is hit or miss. Moto's list of phones not getting updated is just....special....lol.

Or everybody is about equal, with certain models of phones getting more attention than others.

Android update study finds HTC, Motorola have best track record | Ars Technica

This is from Jan 2011....and I didnt even expect to find something like this. I just searched for the sake of searching....lol.