[Rumor] HTC Droid DNA Phablet Tipped for December Release (440PPI 1920x1080 Display)

ben7337

Reaction score
Wow nice post. At least its an factual post vs a pure fanboy post.

Nice info!

Thanks. I'm still not 100% sure on the power consumption of screen extrapolation, but I can't find any real flaws in the logic behind it yet. If anyone can correct me or show any other information as to why it may be wrong, I'd love to hear it. Personally I don't like to be a fanboy for any carrier. I've have good and bad samsung phones, I've seen issues with motorola and good things. I've seen good quality in HTC, but the problems with data on the thunderbolt, and most of all, I've found that all my issues are vastly different from everyone else's. Not to mention that everyone else seems to think their issues are the main or only issues a phone model ever had. It is very hard to judge any phone fairly.

JoeyJ

Reaction score
I love my inc2 but have a couple things one is the battery. Not awful but could be better and my usb port came loose so to charge I have to have it in a certain position. I feel like I didn't abuse the port or anything but maybe it was me. If the camera is good I'd love to have a big phone and already have a stylus for playing draw something lol

52brandon

Reaction score
Better built and way better reception never had a problem with it other than battery... also I'm having freezing problems with my s3 and its just randomly acts up its a POS in my eyes and ill never buy another samsung. My previous post was more pointing out and comparing battery life tho
interesting opinion. My TBOLT build quality sucked. Never had reception issues with either. And as long as I'm not playing with super low voltage or super high frequencies on my kernel, never had a freeze with either. The build quality was my biggest gripe with the TB. Otherwise I liked it for being the first LTE phone rushed to market. I think the GNEX has improved in every area though, I do wish it was smaller though

kparks

Reaction score
52brandon said:
interesting opinion. My TBOLT build quality sucked. Never had reception issues with either. And as long as I'm not playing with super low voltage or super high frequencies on my kernel, never had a freeze with either. The build quality was my biggest gripe with the TB. Otherwise I liked it for being the first LTE phone rushed to market. I think the GNEX has improved in every area though, I do wish it was smaller though

Everyone has different opinions on everything lol I just found that the Tbolt was easier to hold and felt pretty solid in the hand.. When I hold the s3 It feels like a plastic kids toy and the plastic is really slippery "TO ME" it also kills me to take the back cover off I do agree there have been much better made htc devices but the bolt was not too bad.. But on topic I still don't know what all this fuss is over the battery in the DNA will be fine htc has learned there lesson at least in the states and the htc one X + shows that...

geoff5093

Reaction score
Can't believe the love in this thread for the turd that is the Thunderbolt. That has to be probably the most hated 4G device that I know of.

Back on topic, I like the looks of this and the new Sony phablet more than the Note II, so I'm hoping this thing turns out to live up to the hype.
Well I have the extended battery so I don't have any battery problems. The TB feels durable, I throw it in my car, it falls on the floor, etc. and never any issues. The new phones seem like they will shatter if they fall.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I like this phone. But I will admit I'm an HTC fanboy. Why, you ask? Because I've owned three of them (Dinc, Dinc 2, and my favorite phone my RZ). All three have been awesome, no issues with any of them. My wife is still using my Dinc2.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I like HTC products and been using them for a good minute. My Tbolt is an excellent phone but it's just old. Simple. Battery life was my only issue until recently I have been having some new issues. With that being said, I'm curious to test this DNA phone out. The specs look great and I read also, that the battery was supposed to be a 2500mh. I do agree that 5" is still classified as a phablet which is what I don't want. The 4.5" - 4.6" is a perfect range for a 'phone' for the average consumer.
I know some of you people are giants and which is why I'm glad they offer larger phones for you guys but not everyone wants a phablet but I don't see anything being built on that size margin except the Nexus 4 but the lack of LTE (Smh) just makes me shake my fist up in the air, cursing.

52brandon

Reaction score
Everyone has different opinions on everything lol I just found that the Tbolt was easier to hold and felt pretty solid in the hand.. When I hold the s3 It feels like a plastic kids toy and the plastic is really slippery "TO ME" it also kills me to take the back cover off I do agree there have been much better made htc devices but the bolt was not too bad.. But on topic I still don't know what all this fuss is over the battery in the DNA will be fine htc has learned there lesson at least in the states and the htc one X + shows that...
true enough. I DO wish my GNEX was smaller. I don't have trouble holding it, I'm tall so I have big hands. But it does suck in my pocket sometimes

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP updated to reflect new info regarding the battery size of 2500 mAh.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can always get the extended battery. I got the OEM extended battery for my Inc2 and actually like the extra thickness. In addition, the camera lens recess helps protect the lens from scratches.

Rezound: 1620 > 2750
Inc2: 1450 > 2150

Edit: Darn, extended battery suggestion beat me by 1 minute.
The phone will not come with a user replaceable battery, it is sealed, just like all the new HTC smartphones.

ben7337

Reaction score
Just would like to add, there is a new rumor that the phone will come in 2 capacities. 16GB and 32GB, and there is a $249.99 price now. Hard to say how valid this is, since the MAP only lists a $199.99 price and only one model. If there were multiple capacities, they would list them and the prices. However $199.99 for 16GB and $249.99 for 32GB would match the Galaxy S3 capacity prices.

Also rumors seem to be holding the 2500mah battery as pretty solid now. No mention of SD card slot though.

I think at $249.99 and 32GB without any expandable capacity I could at least live with this phone, but I'd much prefer 16GB built in and a 64GB microsdxc card.

kparks

Reaction score
I already got 6 people including myself that's going to pick this phone up.. Is verizon still letting u keep unlimited data if u pay full retail? Me and my buddy plan on doing that! HTC should give me a discount lol

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I have the extended battery so I don't have any battery problems. The TB feels durable, I throw it in my car, it falls on the floor, etc. and never any issues. The new phones seem like they will shatter if they fall.
it feels durable because it's a heavy brick. i've had tb with extended battery(the only way to have a tb) and you could kill a small crowd of people with it if thrown from high rise building.

52brandon

Reaction score
that IS what happened to my TB. Dropped it about 3 feet (missed my pocket putting it away lol) and the screen shattered

dropped my GNEX the same distance (and only maybe 10 feet from exactly where I dropped my TB) and it barely left a mark. My D1 was probably the most rugged phone I've owned, I was sitting on my back wall and it fell out of my pocket on to concrete and was fine. That blew me away

kparks

Reaction score
52brandon said:
that IS what happened to my TB. Dropped it about 3 feet (missed my pocket putting it away lol) and the screen shattered

dropped my GNEX the same distance (and only maybe 10 feet from exactly where I dropped my TB) and it barely left a mark. My D1 was probably the most rugged phone I've owned, I was sitting on my back wall and it fell out of my pocket on to concrete and was fine. That blew me away

There is so many factors going into how the phone drops.. I did the same thing I was on a 6ft ladder at work and went to put it in my cargo pocket and woop there it went about 7-8ft it exploded back cover flew off battery slid about 10ft phone didn't have a scratch on it lmao my coworker was like u got to be Fn kidding me what kind of phone is that!