[Rumor] Google's First Ice Cream Sandwich Devices May Come as Early as October

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-robots-flavors.jpg

There is a rumor that a source at BGR heard suggesting that Google may actually release their first Ice Cream Sandwich devices in October. The move is designed to coincide with the launch of the Apple iPhone 5 in September or October, so as to entice folks away from considering the Apple product. Basically, Google doesn't want to risk losing customers, that might be coming out of contracts around that time, to the new iPhone. Clever ploy.

Source: Android.net via BGR

forum8417

Reaction score
ugh my upgrade is available today. i just hope either the bionic or prime or vigor comes out soon

laxman3722

Reaction score
What phones though? I dont think the Nexus Prime is slated until about December...

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
If Google is concerned about not losing customers to the Iphone devices, why are they not working to resolve issues with GB instead of pushing for ICS??

As soon as my current contract is up, I am switching to Iphone because Google, Verison and Motorola are too busy pointing fingers at each other, to resolve the existing problems with GB. I have seen 4 or 5 other posts of people planning to switch to Iphone. Many won't say Iphone and refer to it as the phone with the "fruity" name, but everyone knows what that means. I am currently on my 6th Android phone and it's failing too!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Google is concerned about not losing customers to the Iphone devices, why are they not working to resolve issues with GB instead of pushing for ICS??

As soon as my current contract is up, I am switching to Iphone because Google, Verison and Motorola are too busy pointing fingers at each other, to resolve the existing problems with GB. I have seen 4 or 5 other posts of people planning to switch to Iphone. Many won't say Iphone and refer to it as the phone with the "fruity" name, but everyone knows what that means. I am currently on my 6th Android phone and it's failing too!
Thanks,that helps me.

Pleirosei

Reaction score

The solution is to get a stock android device. So wait for the nexus. Most issues are with custum uis on top of android. Stock devices have far less issues if you do the research. Just wait for the next stock device.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

g_what

Reaction score
I was leaning towards the GS2, but if ICS is only a month later I think I can wait.

Still using my OG Droid [FTW]!

Diab210

Reaction score
A stock ice cream sandwich device would be fantastic but we haven't seen a stock anything on verizon since the original droid right? And who knows if they'll ever carry some version of the google nexus phone line (as much as I'd love it if they did).

Pleirosei

Reaction score
A stock ice cream sandwich device would be fantastic but we haven't seen a stock anything on verizon since the original droid right? And who knows if they'll ever carry some version of the google nexus phone line (as much as I'd love it if they did).

I feel you on that. I doubt they will carry a stock android device. If they don't I'm going to sprint who definitely will

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, ICS is designed to encompass its predecessors in order to solve these problems and allow some measure of uniformity. As far as which phone will receive it ota, that remains to be seen. But i think we can all agree moving forward this has the potential to fix a a lot of the issues we've experienced.

Sent from my DROID3

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
And we can all agree there is no way in hell Verizon will be the first carrier to get an ICS phone

g_what

Reaction score
And we can all agree there is no way in hell Verizon will be the first carrier to get an ICS phone
That's not necessarily true. The next Nexus should be the first ICS phone (assuming Google sticks to the same plan as for the first two Nexus phones), and the rumors about the Nexus Prime were that it would have LTE. If that turns out to be true, then Verizon is really the only option because no other carrier will have a sufficient LTE network to justify having an LTE phone on their lineup.

scott craft

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, ICS is designed to encompass its predecessors in order to solve these problems and allow some measure of uniformity. As far as which phone will receive it ota, that remains to be seen. But i think we can all agree moving forward this has the potential to fix a a lot of the issues we've experienced.

Sent from my DROID3

I hope you're right. I might switch back to android if ics fixes some of the issues I have with adroid.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express