Ice Cream Sandwich Event Confirmed for October 19 in Hong Kong!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsungevent20111013.jpg

Well guys, it looks like Samsung and Google have confirmed the October 19th date for the Ice Cream Sandwich event in Hong Kong. The event will start at 10am HKT which is 10pm EST on October 18th! And it looks like we'll all be able to see it because there will be a live stream available at youtube.com/android. I know I'm going to be tuning in, how about you?

Via Droid-Life and Engadget.​

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
dang, might be too late for me to hang, given I get up at 5am every morning. I'll just check DF for the latest (and hopefully not disappointing) news about Nexus Prime and ICS.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some news is better than no news I guess. But why the F are they holding this in Hong Kong and not the US?

Smell that? Yeah, a bit fishy...

rememberandhope

Reaction score
the reason why its in Hong Kong is because andy rubin is going there to present at Asia's all things D and so its convienient for them to hold it there.

creaky

Reaction score
Let's hope for a Nexus Prime announcement - I'll be awaiting the news. October 18 is a big day for Android!

maniaryan

Reaction score
it's only going to help them to just tell us about the dang prime! They need to get their fan base excited, they're being supppper fishy now

deborah3756

Reaction score
So...when, better yet will, this update hit our android phones? Just wonderin'....

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

maniaryan

Reaction score
So...when, better yet will, this update hit our android phones? Just wonderin'....

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

hahah did anyone see the install base report that just came out? so many people haven't even gotten GB yet and some people are still on eclair. ICS is just around the corner and people are just now getting gingerbread...