Rubix vs Apex

littlerick

Reaction score
you have to be rooted since the first thing you type is su or did i miss something?

cboes19

Reaction score
I ran rubix for a while and like it very much but wanted to try something new. So apex it is. Both are great roms and boils down to personal preference. Rubix has more of a person touch by the maker based of a vanilla droid and apex follows more of the base design that came w the droidx. They both run Abt the same. Feel that apex runs better w launcher pro tho. I like apex cause it keeps alot of the features that I switch to the droidx in the first place. Both are great roms and alot of hard work went into them, so big ups to rubix and apex. Im on edge for there next work. Fyi in the apex rom if u change the overclock voltage to 58 from 56 it helps with the random resets just my 2 cents there. Thanks guys keep up the good work

ericFuels999

Reaction score
I don't know what that tweak did to Rubix exactly, but all I have to say is WOW! The thing I notice the most, besides more speed, is the greater responsiveness and smoothness. All the tiny hitches here and there are virtually gone. I didn't think this rom could get any better. Thanks for posting those commands!

jdhas

Reaction score
I've been running Rubix 1.0 Focused for a few days now. I love the speed, but the constant reboots with LCD @ 220 and the fact that the Email app can't move exchange emails between folders is a deal breaker. Are these issues any different in Apex?

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score
I've been running Rubix 1.0 Focused for a few days now. I love the speed, but the constant reboots with LCD @ 220 and the fact that the Email app can't move exchange emails between folders is a deal breaker. Are these issues any different in Apex?

Considering many android apps don't even look right with the LCD at 220, I quit using that setting awhile back.

Are you overclocked?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jdhas

Reaction score

Considering many android apps don't even look right with the LCD at 220, I quit using that setting awhile back.

Are you overclocked?

I am overclocked, but apparently there is a known issue with Rubix (and the core Fission ROM) that causes problems with the LCD tweak.

I agree that many apps get screwy with the tweak, but I really like being able to cram more onto my LP+.

It's the fact that mail can't be moved to different folders in an exchange account that really drives me nuts. I just installed Apex, however, and see that it seems to share the same issue. Damn.

Last edited:

Joshpriebe1234

Reaction score
RubiX vs. ApeX

Hello, i am new to the forums, but i thought I'd post my opinion.

I have had RubiX focused 1.0 installed for a while, and definitely prefer it over stock 2.2. There are some featured that I didn't like were left out(Backup Assistant, Car Dock, etc.), but most of these I could install from a patch on sephtin's website. After a while I decided i wanted to try out ApeX. Comparing the two, they seem the same in speed, but what i notice is the different features. I love NexTheme and how it looks, and that was pretty much the turning point which drove me to ApeX.

One of the things that i loved on RubiX, that ApeX doesn't have is the RubiX Gallery app(not so much the Camera, just the Gallery)
Is there a way to get the RubiX gallery on to my ApeX Rom?

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score

I have had RubiX focused 1.0 installed for a while, and definitely prefer it over stock 2.2. There are some featured that I didn't like were left out(Backup Assistant, Car Dock, etc.), but most of these I could install from a patch on sephtin's website. After a while I decided i wanted to try out ApeX. Comparing the two, they seem the same in speed, but what i notice is the different features. I love NexTheme and how it looks, and that was pretty much the turning point which drove me to ApeX.

One of the things that i loved on RubiX, that ApeX doesn't have is the RubiX Gallery app(not so much the Camera, just the Gallery)

It sounds like Rubix focused wasn't for you. Maybe try Rubix blurry

nailerdog

Reaction score
Been running RubiX Focused for abot a week. I really like it. No more Moto crap, just pure Android.

My X is smoother, faster and I have some of that old feeling of my D1 running Bugless. Sweet.

Just need to find a theme and I'll be set.

mwm523

Reaction score

That's just the Google 3d gallery, which is available in ApeX. In fact there's a script built into ApeX to switch between the stock Moto gallery and the 3d gallery. See the first post of the ApeX 1.0 thread for more info, but I think you just type gallery -3d to switch to the 3d gallery and gallery -mot to switch back to the stock Moto. This would be done in a terminal emulator on your phone.