Rubix vs Apex

luv2increase

Reaction score
I want everyone to know that in real world testing between these 2, I would say that they perform equally well when Apex is set to 1ghz and Rubix is at 600mhz. This is when using ADW as the default launcher.

When both are set to 1ghz, there is not even a hint of a comparison. Remember, I'm not talking about synthetics here.

If you are on apex, I challenge you to create a Nandroid backup and install Rubix to see for yourself. The proof is in the pudding :)

10/26/10
EDIT: I FORGOT TO MENTION!
I've ran the folllowing code a few days after my Rubix installation. I guess I may be basing my feelings off a tweaked Rubix vs Apex.

If you have Rubix, run the following code and then put on your dirty shades :)

$ su
# mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
# chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/01cpuod
# chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/02vm
# busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

You only need to run it once. Drod mentioned this at XDA but may not have here. It will increase performance and battery life!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Haven't tried Apex yet. Actually I haven't even tried this ROM with a different launcher yet. Gonna give that a shot today:)

Sent from c]=[k(V)8's Droid X using Tapatalk

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't re-installed LauncherPro yet. RubiX's launcher has been fine for me and seems like it's built for it.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yea, rubiX is insanely fast. Best Rom Ive had on my DX. Reminds me of my BB days on the D1... <3

teh_g

Reaction score
I like ApeX. I haven't tried Rubix yet. But why mess with what isn't broken? I don't notice anything slow on ApeX.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
It's kinda like that whole poll about whether or not 2gHz processors are necessary for phones... If you can do better, why not do it?!

I like ApeX. I haven't tried Rubix yet. But why mess with what isn't broken? I don't notice anything slow on ApeX.

teh_g

Reaction score
It's kinda like that whole poll about whether or not 2gHz processors are necessary for phones... If you can do better, why not do it?!

I am going to download it and try it now before I leave work. I am making a backup now to see if I notice a difference.

chazall1

Reaction score
I have just left Rubix 1.0 and 0.5 for the past 2 weeks. Yesterday I wanted to try Apex to see how this Rom was. I think Apex was smoother and faster than Rubix on my phone. Used all the launchers, but I always go back to LP. That is my $0.02 worth.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Cool man. I look forward to hearing your opinion on it. I've not tried ApeX but did extensive reading on the options before putting rubiX on and decided it was the best choice. I'd be curious to hear from someone who tries both back to back. I think you'll be happy with rubiX though :)

I am going to download it and try it now before I leave work. I am making a backup now to see if I notice a difference.

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score

It is kinda like a criminal being locked up for the first time. They don't realize how nice freedom is until they've had it taken away from them.

This situation would be the inverse. You don't know how much speed you are really missing until you've experienced the speed of Rubix. :) dancedroid

copyguy

Reaction score
I've run both. The couple of things I wanted back were the 3g hotspot and the blur alarm clock. battery life for me seems quite a bit worse on apex though so i may switch back...

pinhead875

Reaction score
Different phones will have different results with different roms. Not all phones will run exactly the same even if they are on the same rom.

That said, I've tried Rubix 0.5 and 1.0, and ApeX RC1, RC2, and 1.0. On my particular phone, Apex runs faster, smoother, and has better battery life than Rubix. My phone didn't like Fussion 1.0.

Your mileage may vary.

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score
Different phones will have different results with different roms. Not all phones will run exactly the same even if they are on the same rom.
Your mileage may vary.

You absolutely cannot apply the overclocking potential of a CPU being different on any particular phone verses other identical phones to that of ROMS running differently on different phones.

If all variables are held constant, Rubix 1.0 literally blows Apex 1.0 out of the water. That is how I tested them. I'm talking same identical everything except for the ROM. This is the only way to get an accurate portrayal of the performance differences.

I didn't pay attention to battery life, but one person says Rubix is better and the other says Apex. Who knows?

TVC430

Reaction score
I have been on Apex for a few days. I have not tried rubix but am really liking apex. It is the first ROM that I haven't thought about going back to my 2.3.9 leaked version with my own custom bloatware removal. It also adds some nice customization features. Besides the speed vs speed, what do you really like about rubix? I am hesitant to move away from Apex. No matter what ROM I have used, I have always tried some of the other launchers and gone back to LP+. Just my preference I guess.