rubiX Focused 1.9.7, back and better than ever

Reaction score
I've been running this for almost 12 hours and it's been perfect. Installed first time no issues. Over-clocked to 1.1.
I went through this whole thread and tried every problem being reported (expect theme issues) and I haven't been able to re-create one of them.

great work drod!

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Remove Data Throttle for Rubix 1.9.7

Here's a zip you can run from clockwork to remove the data throttle on rubix 1.9.7.

I pulled this services.jar straight out of the latest rubix, so no worries about compatibility.

Edit again: Fixed file uploaded. That's what I get for trying to recycle zip files :)

Attachments

• RemoveThrottleRubix_1_9_7.zip
    725.3 KB · Views: 2,225

dlbrown75

Reaction score
Well im back to old faithful rubix after a short run of liberty. The only problem I have so far is Droid trading motor blur and replacing it with rubix blur. There are some apps installed that I have a different version of that id like to have gone. But other than that great build. 1430 quad right out of the gate.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcp770

Reaction score
Anyone having camera issues switch to the blur camera posted on sephtin.com . Works great and the thumbnail works taking you to gallery.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What a great forum

The people on this forum are so great. I'm serious, we're all jumping from rom to rom, and you can see it in forum usage...

Liberty was blowing up all last week while rubix sat mostly dormant. Now the liberty section is crawling along and rubix is smoking.

It's just funny how just by watching post counts, you can see where the flock has moved to.

It's great for developers to have so many people testing so many different roms. It provides great feedback for the devs, and gives the users many options to choose from.

I definitely love my X, and I'm glad the community around it is strong.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit, just felt like sharing :)

Reaction score
Here's a zip you can run from clockwork to remove the data throttle on rubix 1.9.7.

I pulled this services.jar straight out of the latest rubix, so no worries about compatibility.

Do I need to re-run this if i install a theme or something?

mcp770

Reaction score

Yes, themes usually overwrite the services.jar so you have to reinstall post theme unless the theme dev includes it. (wish they would)

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Depends if your theme replaces the services.jar file in /system/framework.

I know if a theme changes the clock color, it will replace that. I'm not 100% sure what else gets modded in services.jar.

Just open up the zip for your theme and check in the /system/framework folder to see if services.jar is in there. If it is, then you would have to re-remove throttle (unless the themer already removed it). But if the theme has services.jar, chances are the themer changes something to make part of your phone look cooler, then applying my zip file will cause whatever that is to revert back to rubix 1.9.7 standard.

Hope that all makes sense, I tried to cover all the bases.

Edit: Agree with what mcp770 said (his explanation is nice and short)
Yes, themes usually overwrite the services.jar so you have to reinstall post theme unless the theme dev includes it. (wish they would)

Reaction score

reading up on throttling i'm seeing people are having mixed results depending on their area....fair assessment?

DroiDon

Reaction score
Silly question... Does Rubix 1.9.7 have the same theme as 1.9.5? I really love the theme. If not, where could I get the theme itself?

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well im back to old faithful rubix after a short run of liberty. The only problem I have so far is Droid trading motor blur and replacing it with rubix blur. There are some apps installed that I have a different version of that id like to have gone. But other than that great build. 1430 quad right out of the gate.

I'm confused.. rubiX blur?

dlbrown75

Reaction score
Just tested out camera gallery. Im having the same problems that others are pic selected from gallery is not the one that gets displayed. Any fix for this?

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just tested out camera gallery. Im having the same problems that others are pic selected from gallery is not the one that gets displayed. Any fix for this?

If you're having a gallery issue, it's likely cause of the 2D gallery vs. the 3D gallery. Try running the "gallery" script and swap to the 3D gallery, then test.