rubiX Focused 1.6

GTvert90

Reaction score
Do we need to run that script where we changed permissions and ran something with busybox for the perfomance boost / batter life as we did in 1.0?

codythibeauuu

Reaction score
One issue I found on 1.0 that was weird was that maybe one out of every 20 slides to unlock, the phone just reboots. Never when I'm using it fully, just when unlocking...

Has anyone come across that with this build yet?

Other than that, 1.0 was very fast and solid for me. Thanks, Drod!

Edit: Landscape home screens, FTW!

Last edited:

GTvert90

Reaction score
One issue I found on 1.0 that was weird was that maybe one out of every 30-40 slides to unlock, the phone just reboots. Never when I'm using it fully, just when unlocking...

I was having that issue on Fission. I have had 2 random reboots on rubiX 1.0 but they were at different times and might have been application related more so than the rom.

I had a ton on apeX and Fission... I'm thinking its a hardware / Motorola source issue more so than the ROM.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wow, just installed this and I must say, I'm impressed!!!!

Love the rounded corners ;)

codythibeauuu

Reaction score
One issue I found on 1.0 that was weird was that maybe one out of every 30-40 slides to unlock, the phone just reboots. Never when I'm using it fully, just when unlocking...

I was having that issue on Fission. I have had 2 random reboots on rubiX 1.0 but they were at different times and might have been application related more so than the rom.

I had a ton on apeX and Fission... I'm thinking its a hardware / Motorola source issue more so than the ROM.

That's what I was thinking as well... I read that people were having reboot issues, regardless of ROM, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the reply.

One thing I did find right off the bat is when I go to restore user apps using Titanium Backup, when scrolling through the list or what to and not to restore, the phone freezes up to the point that a battery pull is necessary.

GTvert90

Reaction score

That's what I was thinking as well... I read that people were having reboot issues, regardless of ROM, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the reply.

One thing I did find right off the bat is when I go to restore user apps using Titanium Backup, when scrolling through the list or what to and not to restore, the phone freezes up to the point that a battery pull is necessary.

maybe from the undervolting baked into the rom?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Quick question... I can still use JRummy's overclock app to set what settings I like correct? Can I also change the voltage through there or am I stuck on what comes on the ROM as far as that goes?

Thanks in advance

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Drod, for the sad ones of us who have the phones that won't accept undervolting well, I think I found the right vsel value for the 1000 MHZ setting. Yours undervolted to 48, so I went in and re-created my setscaling100.sh as a copy of your lowvolt.sh, then changed the vsel value just on 1000 MHZ. At 50, I still rebooted after a few minutes. At 52, I've been stable so far. I didn't change any of the other vsel values. If this works, I assume that changing the lowvolt.sh file to vsel of 52 will keep me from having to manually apply it through terminal emulator each time? This is still undervolted, just not by as much I guess. I know vsel of 58 was what I used to overclock to 1.15 so I'm wondering whether I should keep 52vsel at 1000 or go up to 58vself at 1150.... Hmmmmm

codythibeauuu

Reaction score

maybe from the undervolting baked into the rom?

I think that was it... I threw my vsel back to 56 and it's a ton smoother. It wasn't only Titanium Backup, it started to freeze up in any activity that got too extensive.

Thanks for your help.

GTvert90

Reaction score
Thats the only thing I see wrong with this rom so far. Apex and a few others are doing the oc/uv thing too.

My phone will only take a very small adjustment to each before it turtles / freezes up.

There for I can't upgrade this ROM untill droid sends me the non undervolted ROM.

I think it should be built in but turned off by default especially with this X's being all over the map as far as where they can be ran with any stability.

I can't over clock more than 1.1 and go lower than 54vsel. So I'll wait and hopefully get the ROM from droid tomorrow and then be rocking 1.6 Focused :icon_ banana:

hyperlite

Reaction score
Thats the only thing I see wrong with this rom so far. Apex and a few others are doing the oc/uv thing too.

My phone will only take a very small adjustment to each before it turtles / freezes up.

There for I can't upgrade this ROM untill droid sends me the non undervolted ROM.

I think it should be built in but turned off by default especially with this X's being all over the map as far as where they can be ran with any stability.

I can't over clock more than 1.1 and go lower than 54vsel. So I'll wait and hopefully get the ROM from droid tomorrow and then be rocking 1.6 Focused :icon_ banana:

Apex is (should have been?) a perfect example of why OCing and undervolting baked into roms is a bad idea...or at least, make it optional.

TheBigBentley

Reaction score

Apex is (should have been?) a perfect example of why OCing and undervolting baked into roms is a bad idea...or at least, make it optional.

I agree. Can we have the non under volted version posted? I know you said we could PM you for it, however just my 2cents; you should just add it to the first post so we have an option.

addictat3d

Reaction score
Not exactly sure if this would work, but one way (I think) to resolve the undervoltage issue, just extract the rubiXFocused1.6.zip on your computer and then open up system\xbin\lowvolt.sh and change the voltage from there. Then rezip the whole thing and install.

I was having trouble with this low voltage, but was able to manage to just change the voltage with a overclocking app.

pandapaul

Reaction score
Incognito Black n Tan

I went ahead and tried installing Team Incognito's Black n Tan theme on top of Rubix 1.6, and it looks like it's working perfectly. The only visible issue so far was that I had to uninstall a redundant ADW.Launcher. No biggie. Note that I did this theme install using my stock icon repackaged version of BnT, which can be found here: Incognito BnT 1.0 w/Stock Icons

Now obviously it gets rid of the rounded corners on the notification bar, but... big whoop. I'm not sure I was diggin on that anyway.

Anyway, theme with caution, but theme away I say.

notw53

Reaction score
How soon until the Juicer themes are compatible with 1.6? Should I just give it a go and hope everything works?