rubiX Blurry 1.6.3

colchiro

Reaction score
System files in 1.6.3 are based on the leak. However if 1.5.2 is working for you, I'd wait for now.

1.6.3 works great for me, just reduced battery life.

Reaction score
System files in 1.6.3 are based on the leak. However if 1.5.2 is working for you, I'd wait for now.

Totally agree with this - I'm actually thinking of stepping back to 1.5.2. Anybody try stepping back WITHOUT wiping data first? I will live with the reduced battery life in 1.6.3 until the next update if I have to wipe data to downgrade.

Edit: Drod2169 just tweeted that he has an update/fix basically done so DEFINITELY wait for that before upgrading.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Totally agree with this - I'm actually thinking of stepping back to 1.5.2. Anybody try stepping back WITHOUT wiping data first? I will live with the reduced battery life in 1.6.3 until the next update if I have to wipe data to downgrade.

Edit: Drod2169 just tweeted that he has an update/fix basically done so DEFINITELY wait for that before upgrading.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I'll wait for this update and then give it a try.

colchiro

Reaction score
I've seen posts of other roms with the same issue, also based on the leaked android 2.2.1 files.

NattyBee

Reaction score
I've seen posts of other roms with the same issue, also based on the leaked android 2.2.1 files.

I've moved on to DarkSlide V3.3 which is on 2.3.32 (Android 2.2.1)...and I've got to say...easily as fast as Rubix, smoother...and great battery life, IMO...

colchiro

Reaction score
I think there was several leaked versions and maybe just depends on what version was used or how it was configured.

I'm not familiar with DarkSlide, but it looks interesting.

NattyBee

Reaction score
I think there was several leaked versions and maybe just depends on what version was used or how it was configured.

I'm not familiar with DarkSlide, but it looks interesting.

Indeed, it is very nice...they offer both a blurred and blurless version, but the blur version keeps just enough blur to utilize the full capabilities of the DX. The devs (BBCrackman and GatesJunior) are very responsive, friendly, and fast. The rom itself comes with a very cool theme, very similar to 928's Black Glass... it's easily as fast as Rubix, definitely, and very very smooth/stable. I haven't experienced even one random reboot!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
Downloading now... Thanks.

Just be sure that you want it before jumping to 2.3.32....my suggestion is, if you're still on 2.3.15, and you've never tried DS before...try out V3.2.1 first...that way if you like it, you can upgrade, but if you don’t you won't be stuck on 2.3.32 ;)
Also, be sure to follow the dev's instructions quite exactly :)

Anyhow, enjoy!

colchiro

Reaction score
I installed the OTA 2.3.340 last night so I think I'm good.

NattyBee

Reaction score
I installed the OTA 2.3.340 last night so I think I'm good.

Gotcha...well, just to be safe, i'd ask BB or Gates about compatibility before installing, but i tend to be a bit extra cautious, lol

*edit* is there even a .sbf for 2.3.34?

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
Bootstrap Reboot

Everytime I try to boot in to the Bootstrap recovery my phone just reboots. No recovery. Ideas?

Reaction score
Ok so I hate to rehash what's been discussed everywhere but I haven't seen it addressed specifically for those of us on Blurry 1.6.3 who did NOT flash the .320 leak - what is the best way for us to upgrade to the OTA .340? I am hoping (but not expecting) that there is some way to do this that does not involve wiping my user data. Thanks.