Rooting JB

jmonty42

Reaction score
looks like you bricked your phone, using DROID_RAZR_Utility_Jellybean_XT912_WinMacLin.zip not DROID_4_Utility_Jellybean_XT894_WinMacLin.zip
no fix that I know of,
if you used DROID_4_Utility_Jellybean_XT894_WinMacLin.zip
could be battery, get a Motorola Programing Adaptor by Team Black Hat

Thank you. It looks like I picked the wrong utility (I think I misunderstood that the Droid RAZR utility was the same as the Droid 4 - dang, stupid mistake). I will definitely pick up one of those factory adapters. Looks like it will be useful.

I took my brick in to the Verizon store and they have shipped me a replacement already. I kept the brick and the replacement should be arriving today. Should I wait to get this factory adapter and try to fix my brick before I send it back to Verizon? Is there a chance that they will see the discrepancies and charge me for something? I did a factory reset right before the botched flash, so it's not like I have SU installed on there or anything. Any advice?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I don't think that any data can be pulled from phone, seems that the razr firmware really bricks the droid 4.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Thank you. It looks like I picked the wrong utility (I think I misunderstood that the Droid RAZR utility was the same as the Droid 4 - dang, stupid mistake). I will definitely pick up one of those factory adapters. Looks like it will be useful.

I took my brick in to the Verizon store and they have shipped me a replacement already. I kept the brick and the replacement should be arriving today. Should I wait to get this factory adapter and try to fix my brick before I send it back to Verizon? Is there a chance that they will see the discrepancies and charge me for something? I did a factory reset right before the botched flash, so it's not like I have SU installed on there or anything. Any advice?

Not much you can do, and just an FYI, Factory Reset doesn't remove root (Superuser or SU) as a Factory Reset doesn't touch /system files. Your attempt at installing the Droid Razr system probably wiped it out though as that does overwrite system files.

You can attempt to fix it if you Factory cable arrives soon enough...I think once you receive the replacement phone you have a limited number of days to return the defective one before they charge you full price ($549) for the replacement.

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
Don't know if this will help but I saw in the tutorial how to unbrick the phone even with zero battery so check it out this may help .. Good luck

There is a great tutorial on how to upgrade the droid 4 to JellyBean and have a working Pageplus config. The Fastboot JellyBean files for the D4 are released so now it will be no problem to recover the phone if there are complications on the way.
Don't know if this will help bu I saw it will unbrick the phone so maybe give it a shot . I read the whole tutorial and its long but it does have great info

Credit Goes to snoop1979 on howardforums with his method on getting the Droid RAZR/MAXX to work with Pageplus on JellyBean. The same steps can apply to the droid 4. The only difference is the SBF file you use on the Droid 4. The one on his tutorial is ONLY for the Droid RAZR/MAXX. Using it on the "Droid 4 will just instantly brick the phone". Below is a link to his amazing tutorial.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...NG-on-PagePlus not this link

good luck

The link below is the correct SBF file to use with RSD LITE for the DROID 4

Droid-Developers SBF this link here