Lost root with JB update

PhontomF

Reaction score
So I just updated to JB and lost root access. I used voodoo OTA root keeper but root still not working after restoring root through voodoo. Is there any way to root a device with JB yet? Is it possible to FXZ back to ICS or no?

markwebb

Reaction score
Not yet from what I understand. In addition to Voodoo it was suggested to also update su binaries: I did both and saved root. Instructions and warnings to do this have been posted in a few forums since Tuesday after the rollout began. :(

Tillmorn

Reaction score
If you used Voodoo, there is a method involving ADB shell on XDA. "[Q] Lost Root After Jelly Bean OTA Update" is the thread name. Method is on the second page.

It worked for me quite easily. If you've got questions, PM me.

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
Yeah it's my bad, I FXZ'd ICS, rooted, voodooed, forgot to update binaries, then installed JB.

Tillmorn, I get permission denied when I try and run su-backup through ADB. I'm most likely screwed unless someone releases an exploit root that works.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Sorry for not replying early. I was busy preparing my semi-annual parts return at the dealership.

Permission denied. Not too terribly familiar with ADB so I'll have to take shots in the dark here. What's Voodoo look like? Is there a backup in place or is it completely wiped out?

PM me and I'll give you the links that got me up and running after my massive botch up.

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
Sorry for not replying early. I was busy preparing my semi-annual parts return at the dealership.

Permission denied. Not too terribly familiar with ADB so I'll have to take shots in the dark here. What's Voodoo look like? Is there a backup in place or is it completely wiped out?

PM me and I'll give you the links that got me up and running after my massive botch up.

Thanks for reply, I do have an su backup located in system/usr/we-need-root/su-backup which is the one I get permission denied when I try and execute it with ADB