Rooting on JB

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by Dom1000, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Dom1000

Dom1000 New Member

I am trying to root my phone using Razr_Blade and it keeps failing.

USB Debugging is on, unknown sources is enabled, I have all proper/updated moto drivers installed, and I followed the instructions in smartactions.

I was using smart actions on the stock system would this be a problem or not?

any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Is the phone in mass storage mode? It shouldn't be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  3. dsdroid

dsdroid New Member

Had the same type of problem with my Razr Maxx. Tried a number of times but nothing. It finally worked after I made 2 changes. #1 make sure the "blade" folder is on the desktop. Mine was on my D drive. No good!! #2 Make sure "smartaction" app starts from scratch. You want to be at the beginning "startup" screen After I moved the folder to the desktop the program ran but would not complete. But after I got smartaction back to its start screen and folded the instructions, IT WORKED. BELOW ARE INSTRUCTIONS THAT I USED. Sorry, I don't have the source but thanks to whoever wrote these instructions.
    1. Download and install the USB drivers for your device on to your PC
    2. Download the Root Package. File name is razr_blade.zip. Extract the zip file to your desktop to get a folder named razr_blade
    3. On your phone, Go to Settings » Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
    4. Also make sure that the SmartActions app is installed on your phone and is not disabled or modified in any way
    5. Connect your phone to your PC. Wait for a few seconds while Windows automatically installs and configures drivers.
    6. Now open the razr_blade folder you extracted in Step 2. Launch the tool by double-clicking the file named run. This should open up a DOS window
    7. Press any key to initiate the rooting process, and follow the onscreen instructions to root your device
    8. Once the rooting has been completed successfully, your phone should automatically reboot. Leave it be till it boots up fully, at which time it should be fully rooted.
    9. To check if the root process was successful, look for an app called Superuser in the App drawer. If you see it, then you’re golden. If not, you would need to repeat the process from Step 5 onward.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  4. Dom1000

Dom1000 New Member

what should it be in?
  5. dsdroid

dsdroid New Member

media device which is the MTP mode
  6. Dom1000

Dom1000 New Member

ok i will do that thank you very much
  7. dsdroid

dsdroid New Member

Good luck - dancedroid
  8. ovelayer

ovelayer Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

with the razor blade root your phone no longer needs to be in mtp mode it will work in storage mode..
    usb debugging is the only setting you need to enable and yes make sure your smart actions enabled and you don't have any set
  9. Dom1000

Dom1000 New Member

ok well i put the files on my desktop and put the phone in mtp mode and everything worked so im good now thanks :hail:
  10. dsdroid

dsdroid New Member

Your welcome.:biggrin: Sometimes it just takes another pair of eyes to line everything up so it works.
  11. Jenny5

Jenny5 New Member

How long does this process take?
    How long should I leave it sitting at "daemon started successfully" before concluding it isn't doing anything and start over?
    Thanks
  12. sikassdrummer

sikassdrummer New Member

ok success droid 4 jb 4.1.2 rooted combining motofail and razorblade and rosenbergs 45 list including razorblade
    the key was since it was freezing at the smat action menu to run all 3 programs at once so if 1 doesnt reboot the other is at the same time and wala success its official i can now root all droid 4 4.1.2 thanks djbliss and rosenberg and tom
  13. Dom1000

Dom1000 New Member

i didn't time it but i think when i did it it only took about 5-6 mins...
  14. sikassdrummer

sikassdrummer New Member

a .bat zip 3 pack

ok I made a listing on ow to do this 1 every time it doesn't work go to apps reset smart actions the top 1 about 1.9 mb and just hit clear data only
    2 run 2 copys of razor blade at the same time it forces superuser in that's how igot it done while running motofail at the same time so 3 files 1 razorblade 2 rosenbergs droid 4 utility jellybean xt894 and motofail and click start as close to the same time as possible , this will keep it moving and if you still have trouble add superuser free from google abd see if when you run the process it says binary is out dated and make sure you download a desktop of thT STUPID Back up assistant
    ok then you can remove that free google play superuser after you see if it says binary is out of date and the box has a blue check ,remove that app and start rosenburgs razorblade and another razor blade so 2 batch files of razorblade at the same time hit start as close to the same time as possible and repeat until it works remember each timr go to apps and clear data on the 1rst smart action in all apps
    good luck
  15. Dom1000

Dom1000 New Member

What???

just follow dsdroid's steps and you should be fine I don't think it takes all of that to root your D4..

16. sikassdrummer

sikassdrummer New Member

I tried for 4 days

I though so as well and read your post and tried over and over and kept adjusting but when I ran razor blad at the same time it some how pushed root thru because I kept getting a freeze after smart actions . and I 1rst did a full wipe then just started going in and wiping data on the smart app and basically refreshing it . I swear that's how I got it to work , the google play SU apparently had to tell my computer that the binary was not up to date then I erased it and then I tried just razor blade still nothing but I did all 3 at once and presto iam rooted . ive received 13 other emails stating by running razorblade,well 2 copys of it at the same time did get them to root as well and they were having the same issiue a freeze after selecting battery ,then save then home
    and it would still freeze or just stop there but the second copy being pushed at the same time forces it to boot in MTP OR MIDEA MODE AND ALLOWED FOR STEP 3 TO OCCUR WHICH WOULD ALSO FREEZE I WAITED ANHOU THE 1RST TIME and nothing but with 2 run batch of razor blade it was like .5 seconds apart it kept forcing it to reboot the phone and force the s/u in and root it

Don't know how or why just know it worked for me and 3 friends I did it the same way now just down to using razor blade 2x at the same time and it works every time no lag no disappointment , but thank you for your post it helped me because some one ekse was saying every time you have to do a factory restore if it fails at smart actions and I was like no way after the 3rd time lol ;) well thanks and keep up the great postings have a good night
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  17. Nrasser

Nrasser New Member

YES THIS DOES WORK on Droid 4 with the latest (March) JB OTA.

1) Don't even start this process until you have installed ALL the latest MOTOROLA STUFF for your phone. Unplug/replug the phone into USB several times over a 3-5 minute period until the motorola stuff stops detecting/downloading/installing its MotoCast crapware. You don't have to set up MotoCast, just get it installed.

2) As many have said: Make sure USB Debugging is ON and your USB mode is MTP. Mine wouldn't root in mass storage mode and I tried, numerous times, with everything else right.

3) VERY IMPORTANT: SmartActions must be COMPLETELY blown back to as-installed condition. Hold icon, select "app info", then CLEAR DATA. Trying to delete the actions from within the app did not work for me, even though doing it that way makes the welcome screen appear again!

4) Follow the RAZR_BLADE instructions. You should not see any filename messages, seg faults etc., if you do then some part of the above isn't right.

Droid 4 - Rooted w/razr_blade on Windows XP running in Parallels VM on a MBP
  18. craigdoug

craigdoug New Member

Hey Everyone,

Thanks to all foe the great info. However, I can't get this to root. I have followed all the suggestions. I have usb debugging enabled. I ran two at the same time. The process completes and says explioit complete but I am still not rooted. The only thing I can think of is the MTP mode and that I can not find. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!!!
  19. joyceface

joyceface New Member

Desktop made a difference for some reason. thanks been doing this alllll dayyyyy!
  20. joyceface

joyceface New Member

Update. I had to get a new droid 4 and start this whole process again. I'm thankful this thread is still here because it was the same story. Anyway, couple of helpful hints: DO up zip to your desktop. When connecting the phone connect as MTP to the computer. Do the smartactions/battery procedure. Run the file as the administrator. That's they ONLY way it worked for me.
Search tags for this page

daemon started successfully

how to clear data on smart actions app

motofail 4.1.2

motofail jb

motofail jelly bean

razr blade daemon started successfully

razr blade root 4.1.2

razr blade root assistant

razr blade root download
razr blade root xt912 4.1.2 mac
root droid bionic 4.1.2 motofail