Rooting on JB

Dom1000

Reaction score
I am trying to root my phone using Razr_Blade and it keeps failing.

USB Debugging is on, unknown sources is enabled, I have all proper/updated moto drivers installed, and I followed the instructions in smartactions.

I was using smart actions on the stock system would this be a problem or not?

any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Is the phone in mass storage mode? It shouldn't be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dsdroid

Reaction score
Had the same type of problem with my Razr Maxx. Tried a number of times but nothing. It finally worked after I made 2 changes. #1 make sure the "blade" folder is on the desktop. Mine was on my D drive. No good!! #2 Make sure "smartaction" app starts from scratch. You want to be at the beginning "startup" screen After I moved the folder to the desktop the program ran but would not complete. But after I got smartaction back to its start screen and folded the instructions, IT WORKED. BELOW ARE INSTRUCTIONS THAT I USED. Sorry, I don't have the source but thanks to whoever wrote these instructions.
  1. Download and install the USB drivers for your device on to your PC
  2. Download the Root Package. File name is razr_blade.zip. Extract the zip file to your desktop to get a folder named razr_blade
  3. On your phone, Go to Settings » Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
  4. Also make sure that the SmartActions app is installed on your phone and is not disabled or modified in any way
  5. Connect your phone to your PC. Wait for a few seconds while Windows automatically installs and configures drivers.
  6. Now open the razr_blade folder you extracted in Step 2. Launch the tool by double-clicking the file named run. This should open up a DOS window
  7. Press any key to initiate the rooting process, and follow the onscreen instructions to root your device
  8. Once the rooting has been completed successfully, your phone should automatically reboot. Leave it be till it boots up fully, at which time it should be fully rooted.
  9. To check if the root process was successful, look for an app called Superuser in the App drawer. If you see it, then you’re golden. If not, you would need to repeat the process from Step 5 onward.

Last edited:

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with the razor blade root your phone no longer needs to be in mtp mode it will work in storage mode..
usb debugging is the only setting you need to enable and yes make sure your smart actions enabled and you don't have any set

OP
Dom1000

Dom1000

Reaction score
ok well i put the files on my desktop and put the phone in mtp mode and everything worked so im good now thanks :hail:

dsdroid

Reaction score
Your welcome.:biggrin: Sometimes it just takes another pair of eyes to line everything up so it works.

Jenny5

Reaction score
How long does this process take?
How long should I leave it sitting at "daemon started successfully" before concluding it isn't doing anything and start over?
Thanks

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
i am trying to root my phone using razr_blade and it keeps failing.

Usb debugging is on, unknown sources is enabled, i have all proper/updated moto drivers installed, and i followed the instructions in smartactions.

I was using smart actions on the stock system would this be a problem or not?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks!

ok success droid 4 jb 4.1.2 rooted combining motofail and razorblade and rosenbergs 45 list including razorblade
the key was since it was freezing at the smat action menu to run all 3 programs at once so if 1 doesnt reboot the other is at the same time and wala success its official i can now root all droid 4 4.1.2 thanks djbliss and rosenberg and tom

OP
Dom1000

Dom1000

Reaction score
How long does this process take?
How long should I leave it sitting at "daemon started successfully" before concluding it isn't doing anything and start over?
Thanks

i didn't time it but i think when i did it it only took about 5-6 mins...

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
a .bat zip 3 pack

i didn't time it but i think when i did it it only took about 5-6 mins...

ok I made a listing on ow to do this 1 every time it doesn't work go to apps reset smart actions the top 1 about 1.9 mb and just hit clear data only
2 run 2 copys of razor blade at the same time it forces superuser in that's how igot it done while running motofail at the same time so 3 files 1 razorblade 2 rosenbergs droid 4 utility jellybean xt894 and motofail and click start as close to the same time as possible , this will keep it moving and if you still have trouble add superuser free from google abd see if when you run the process it says binary is out dated and make sure you download a desktop of thT STUPID Back up assistant
ok then you can remove that free google play superuser after you see if it says binary is out of date and the box has a blue check ,remove that app and start rosenburgs razorblade and another razor blade so 2 batch files of razorblade at the same time hit start as close to the same time as possible and repeat until it works remember each timr go to apps and clear data on the 1rst smart action in all apps
good luck

OP
Dom1000

Dom1000

Reaction score
ok I made a listing on ow to do this 1 every time it doesn't work go to apps reset smart actions the top 1 about 1.9 mb and just hit clear data only
2 run 2 copys of razor blade at the same time it forces superuser in that's how igot it done while running motofail at the same time so 3 files 1 razorblade 2 rosenbergs droid 4 utility jellybean xt894 and motofail and click start as close to the same time as possible , this will keep it moving and if you still have trouble add superuser free from google abd see if when you run the process it says binary is out dated and make sure you download a desktop of thT STUPID Back up assistant
ok then you can remove that free google play superuser after you see if it says binary is out of date and the box has a blue check ,remove that app and start rosenburgs razorblade and another razor blade so 2 batch files of razorblade at the same time hit start as close to the same time as possible and repeat until it works remember each timr go to apps and clear data on the 1rst smart action in all apps
good luck

What???

just follow dsdroid's steps and you should be fine I don't think it takes all of that to root your D4..

Had the same type of problem with my Razr Maxx. Tried a number of times but nothing. It finally worked after I made 2 changes. #1 make sure the "blade" folder is on the desktop. Mine was on my D drive. No good!! #2 Make sure "smartaction" app starts from scratch. You want to be at the beginning "startup" screen After I moved the folder to the desktop the program ran but would not complete. But after I got smartaction back to its start screen and folded the instructions, IT WORKED. BELOW ARE INSTRUCTIONS THAT I USED. Sorry, I don't have the source but thanks to whoever wrote these instructions.
  1. Download and install the USB drivers for your device on to your PC
  2. Download the Root Package. File name is razr_blade.zip. Extract the zip file to your desktop to get a folder named razr_blade
  3. On your phone, Go to Settings » Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
  4. Also make sure that the SmartActions app is installed on your phone and is not disabled or modified in any way
  5. Connect your phone to your PC. Wait for a few seconds while Windows automatically installs and configures drivers.
  6. Now open the razr_blade folder you extracted in Step 2. Launch the tool by double-clicking the file named run. This should open up a DOS window
  7. Press any key to initiate the rooting process, and follow the onscreen instructions to root your device
  8. Once the rooting has been completed successfully, your phone should automatically reboot. Leave it be till it boots up fully, at which time it should be fully rooted.
  9. To check if the root process was successful, look for an app called Superuser in the App drawer. If you see it, then you’re golden. If not, you would need to repeat the process from Step 5 onward.