can't get the Droid 4 to take the update!

swc2001

Reaction score
So I have a stock Droid 4 that was rooted. No apps were removed. So I first tried to use voodoo to temp unroot and take the ICS ota. Well it was working with the lil droid and the box above him when it changed to a triangle with the exclamation above. Needless to say it failed and rebooted. So I re-rooted and then unrooted with the computer. I tried the ota again. Same result it failed..... again everything is stock soooo why is it failing?
Does someone have the update in .zip form so that it can be pushed manually? Or is there another option I am not considering?
I really want to update my wifes phone with keeping her apps in tact if I can. And the only way to that I know of is to take an ota.
Any advice?

Thanks in advance

GigaJake

Reaction score
This thread will direct you to where you can download the update as a zip and stick it on your sd card to install manually.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218610

There are working 4.0.4 root methods so you don't need to worry too much about keeping root, you can simply root after the update is complete. If you find you can't install the update, you're going to need to sbf back to stock to allow it to install correctly. This will correct any system or app tweaks that are preventing you from installing the update.

Please note that sbf'ing will remove your wife's apps. Also, when you do get the update working, I highly recommend performing a factory reset. This will allow your ICS to start fresh and work much better than trying to be compatible old Gingerbread data. This will also remove your wife's apps.

It comes down to performance vs. keeping the apps. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
swc2001

swc2001

Reaction score
Sounds good. I really appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. I will try to use the link to the update .zip first. If it doesn't work then I will let her know that we have to titanium backup stuff