Rooting 101

eus107709

Reaction score
I think freezing would be safer than uninstalling. Are you sure you can restore them? When i tried the process failed.

I also wouldn't suggest you uninstall the Bluetooth Dun..

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think freezing would be safer than uninstalling. Are you sure you can restore them? When i tried the process failed.

I also wouldn't suggest you uninstall the Bluetooth Dun..

You can't restore if you don't make a backup first.

eus107709

Reaction score
Sorry, thought it was implied that i did backup first. I have the paid version of Titanium and restore of several apps (don't remember which, was weeks ago) failed.

Freezing/uninstalling Voicecommands causes the force close loop.

RevivaL

Reaction score
I got rid of bluetooth dun because it was always in the running services, and i haven't had any issues with my phone by uninstalling it. I mean if worse comes to worse, I have no problems doing a factory reset at all.

I would suggest using the Droidforums app intead of tapatalk.

also, I haven't tried to reinstall anything I got rid of. I don't see any point, my phones been fine.

eus107709

Reaction score
While i would never use or want the apps i've uninstalled, they might be necessary when Motorola releases updates for the device. Having programs missing can affect whether the update is successfully installed.

I will be extremely happy if/when someone decides to help us root our Droid Pro so we can install some clean ROMs on the device. I'm not sure what Motorola did to this device, but the battery life is unforgivable. I already purchased the extended battery, but it is still only at the level of my rooted Droid 1 with custom rom.

eus107709

Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't say root. I am waiting for a 'recovery' to flash onto our phones so we can install custom roms. Root has no effect on installing custom roms.

StingRay

Reaction score
I rooted mine using Z4 just waiting for the custom ROMS

flash

since you rooted, are you able to remove any of the apps that came pre-loaded on your Pro? I have a rooted Droid (1) and wasn't planning on rooting my Droid Pro, but I'm considering just to remove many of the apps that came on this thing....

also leaning towards rooting as a result of the corporate exchange sync delay "bug" that everyone seems to be experiencing....I'm wondering if its possible to remove "Blur" and possibly fix that bug....

Anyone that has rooted and uses Corporate Exchange Email I'd be interested in seeing if you are experiencing the delay in syncing that everyone seems to be having....emails will push immediately for a while, then later on won't sync until you open the email app....back and forth every day...

flash24

Reaction score
Yea, I was able to remove them using Titanium Back up.

I rooted mine using Z4 just waiting for the custom ROMS

flash

since you rooted, are you able to remove any of the apps that came pre-loaded on your Pro? I have a rooted Droid (1) and wasn't planning on rooting my Droid Pro, but I'm considering just to remove many of the apps that came on this thing....

also leaning towards rooting as a result of the corporate exchange sync delay "bug" that everyone seems to be experiencing....I'm wondering if its possible to remove "Blur" and possibly fix that bug....

mystery252

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed better battery life after rooting? Just switched from blackberry and though battery life for me has been about the same I want more.

Veni

Reaction score
Where can I download the z4root?

RevivaL

Reaction score
@stingray

Did you miss my post I had earlier in the thread saying what apps I removed? Just curious.

google123

Reaction score
I rooted with Z4. Installed Titanium Backup and run a backup like once a week. I removed the annoying Droid starup sound, changed the LCD density in the build.prop file from 160 to 130 cuz the LCD density changer app wouldnt apply settings as system default. Im gonna remove a ton of stuff i dont use like most of the ringtones. Also i havent removed any apps cuz i just hide them using LauncherPro. Its not like im gonna run out of space anytime soon like I almost did on my *cough* BB *cough* :)

StingRay

Reaction score
@stingray

Did you miss my post I had earlier in the thread saying what apps I removed? Just curious.

Oops...sorry bro I did....was scanning the forums and missed yours...

Are you noticing any performance changes since you've removed? My main incentive is to see if I can eliminate the corporate email sync delay that everyone is experiencing....I'm wondering if "Blur" or some of the pre-loaded apps are causing....

thanks!

Damn! After further review of your list, you cleaned the heck out of the thing...I imagine you are definitely seeing some speed improvement! Would love to know if that would solve the corp sync delay problem....

RevivaL

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it would, I'm not using it for the corp email at all. The speed has increased, I have no problems with blur. I'm happy with the battery life as well..I took it off the charger when I got to work when it was full at about 1240 pm, Was texting a few times at work, then once I left it was at about 30%, that was at 915. I ended up at home about 940, and it was still at 30% (I was on the phone the whole way home) It dropped down to 20 on me, but it stayed on 20 for a while with heavy texting, and along down to 15 with heavy texting. I finally put it on the charger at 10% at about 11ish..I've been very happy with the battery life now.