New update fails to install

kjjb0204

Reaction score
There are no usable custom roms for the Pro. Fission was never fully developed, or even close. Not saying anything about that - I appreciate any developer that tries...

Just gets no love from the dev community and I don't see that changing any time soon. If you don't like blur and verizon, use a third party launcher like LauncherPro.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
There are no usable custom roms for the Pro. Fission was never fully developed, or even close. Not saying anything about that - I appreciate any developer that tries...

Just gets no love from the dev community and I don't see that changing any time soon. If you don't like blur and verizon, use a third party launcher like LauncherPro.

Another plug for LauncherPro. It's nothing short of fantastic.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for all the help. I guess flashing the sbf is the way to go. I guess I will find out if this update is worth the hassle.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

I am not rooted, but had to SBF a week ago for other reasons. Was not as bad as I thought: contacts and most apps reloaded automatically via Gmail. I had to reinstall a few of the free apps, bit not many. Re-installed LauncherPro...phone is working better since SBF. Only remaining quirk since update is: NO VIBRATE!! Hoped it would return w/ SBF, but no luck. Will be heading to VZW when I am ready to suck that up.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
R

r3j2

Reaction score
Yup, I already use launcherpro, I really enjoy it. I just like trimming the fat on my devices and only keeping what I need. Honestly, despite how much I love the form factor of this phone, I might switch to a Droid 2 for the customization options. At this point I can't even get root back, which I rely on for things like tibu.